sunglasses whilst riding

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
what lenses to you recommend?
Fuglies ADF Ballistics Polarised. Polarised smoke/grey lenses. 2 foam gaskets that you can unclip, and a strap that clips/unclips to the tips of the temples so you can wear them as either goggles or sunglasses.

@Hambo, come on mate, go check them out :becky:

I've been wearing my ADFs for nearly every day for 3 years. still going strong. I wear them driving and sometimes on the bike.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Fuglies ADF Ballistics Polarised. Polarised smoke/grey lenses. 2 foam gaskets that you can unclip, and a strap that clips/unclips to the tips of the temples so you can wear them as either goggles or sunglasses.

@Hambo, come on mate, go check them out :becky:

I've been wearing my ADFs for nearly every day for 3 years. still going strong. I wear them driving and sometimes on the bike.
Sometimes on the bike?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Sometimes on the bike?
usually it's polarised tradies wraparound mirror sunnies on the bike. The evil cyborg look, judging from the slightly freaked out looks I get. :D

The Fuglies ADFs work well on the bike, just more expensive to replace if I faceplant. Also, more often than not, I'm riding in the dark, so I'm wearing cheapie Aldi bike glasses with clear lens.

The ADFs are my every day sunglasses that can do double duty as bike sunglasses.

Fuglies do some 'half jacket' sporty styles as well in polarised, but you will figure out what suits your face.

teK--

Eats Squid
Just picked up a pair of Oakley Jawbreaker clear photochromic. Very happy with themy. Good coverage, don't slip, well vented (don't fog easily) and the lens goes from about 40% up to almost clear.

Last edited:

mtn_bike_geek

Super Moderator
As a prescription fella, I need my Sunnies, as prescription goggles are damn expensive! I wear either my Photochramatic Oakley Halftrack's, my Oakley Valve's. I also have a Pair of Polarised Ray Bans, but I found that they affect my ability to judge distances properly (mostly blind in my left eye) due to the polarisation.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Standard polarised smoke is actually quite dark and great for day time high glare and ok for low light too.

mm too dark and will cause issuse for where i ride in perth

as the trails are sometimes dark/light dark light etc... and found my normal safety sunnies a bit too dark for day riding

I did like the idea of the foam gasket though!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Was wearing clear glasses in the fog this morning. Outside collected a thin film of moisture and the inside fogged up regardless of how fast I went. Couldn't remove glasses on the faster sections as it was about 3 below and my eyeballs started to freeze.

Fark winter.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I use these, fakes I got off ebay a few years ago with interchangeable lenses from yellow, to almost clear, through to quite dark. Arms can be replaced with a strap for a more secure fit. Work quite well, clear up quickly once moving if they fog up when stopped. Cost about $10

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just picked up a pair of Oakley Jawbreaker clear photochromic. Very happy with themy. Good coverage, don't slip, well vented (don't fog easily) and the lens goes from about 40% up to almost clear.
I got a pair of lightly tinted photochromic Oakley Jawbones recently. +1 to the above and they only really fog at the top of a hill after you stop. The vents do their job well once you are on the move again.

The lenses are great for morning rides and I wish I got them earlier.

teK--

Eats Squid
Was wearing clear glasses in the fog this morning. Outside collected a thin film of moisture and the inside fogged up regardless of how fast I went. Couldn't remove glasses on the faster sections as it was about 3 below and my eyeballs started to freeze.

Fark winter.
images (41).jpg

Hah I know the feels. Last winter ride was below 0 couldn't feel fingers so couldn't brake. Nose was runny then froze into ice. Finally the fog froze into ice on the timber bridges. ..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, my hands were killing me this morning, had to wait 15 mins before I could shower. Will be wearing my inner linings tomorrow!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
As in the last sunglasses thread, Maui Jim's are my glasses of choice. Awesome polarising, but its been a few years since I owned a set of Oakleys.

Currently wearing 2 different pairs, the Peahi pair have the best air flow.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
500km across the Simpson and the white 'Peahi" specs are still going. Probably the best casual and riding glasses I've ever owned, no sweaty nose feeling and good air flow (for 40°C)

5:35 if you want to jump... thats about 60km into the massive QAA dunes.

[video=youtube;8Kopgkf48BM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kopgkf48BM[/video]

Last edited: