Sunglasses

Exie

Likes Dirt
Hey Burners,

I know this no technically a "part", but need some help. It seems I've finally lost my much loved Oakley Radar M's. They were great glasses, sat on the nose nice, fit well around the eyes etc.

Unfortunately, they dont make them anymore.

I once tried some Tifosi and BBB's and others, but they didnt fit right.

What do you wear to protect your eyes with all this sun about ?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've had issues with multiple Oakley lenses getting dot marks all through them in the past. They fit comfortably though. Liking the Rudy Project set I've got now. Not cheap but great photochromatic effect.

If you are buying locally or can try a mate's first then definitely take your preferred helmet to see that you sunnie arms are compatible

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
If I was in the market it would Oakley Jawbreakers, huge coverage and the prizm lens is supposed to be really good. Still using a pair of Jawbones, fantastic comfort, fit & coverage.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have a few pairs that I add to orders to get them usually over shipping limits.

I normally wear the Cratoni Elements as they are nice and clear and rarely fog up.

I have some mirrored Northwave's that are great in strong light plus a pair of Oakley Jawbone photochromics that I'll take for dusk to dawn or evening rides.

I'm still in the cheaper sunglasses camp though. You will bust them or drop them sooner or later.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

Twelve

Likes Dirt
I use blue mirrored 100% speedcraft. They've got a big lens and they're comfortable for me, kind of on the expensive side though.

I've got no complaints, don't notice I'm wearing them most of the time.

Exie

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all the tips, it is difficult as its a personal thing really, finding the right shape and one that suits your riding style etc.

Fortunately, I found my old Radar's! They had fallen beside the seat in the car, that tricky bit where the pillar is and I couldn't see them.
So I should get a bit more use out of my lucky sunnies before I have to buy a new pair.

Majin

Likes Dirt
Adidas Evil Eye Evo Pro L's with a photochromic lense :) They go dead clear in the dark and a nice black in the light

teK--

Eats Squid
I use blue mirrored 100% speedcraft. They've got a big lens and they're comfortable for me, kind of on the expensive side though.

I've got no complaints, don't notice I'm wearing them most of the time.
I don't know why the 100% cost so much aside from pure marketing. Their lens are nothing special or different from a $10 pair.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Fark, I should ask this company for commission.

http://m.fuglies.com.au/?

The slabs are great.

After three years of daily use these glasses are still going strong and clear. Tight fit so keeps most sand and crud out of your eyes.
I had fuglies... for a week. They scratched worse than a white-boy dj

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I had fuglies... for a week. They scratched worse than a white-boy dj

interesting.... I've had mine for 4 years and worn them most sunny days. only a few superficial scratches. Perhaps you kept your sunnies in your pants pocket with your car keys - allegedly -

nakedape

Likes Dirt
interesting.... I've had mine for 4 years and worn them most sunny days. only a few superficial scratches. Perhaps you kept your sunnies in your pants pocket with your car keys - allegedly -
Lol. No, on my head (face or cap) - bad fit, fell off, scratched, binned.

Twelve

Likes Dirt
I don't know why the 100% cost so much aside from pure marketing. Their lens are nothing special or different from a $10 pair.
Maybe true, although that could apply to so many brands in this field I won't even go there. The look was the main thing that appealed to me.