Sunshine Series 2011 - Downhill

iridedh

Likes Dirt
Good work

Sweet!!!
Thanks for all the efforts, how we looking for round 2? Too early to call? Beerburum? Kenilworth? Cheers

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With the track work thats being done on beerburrum this Saturday, will the track be able to be riden on sunday? Just wanting to get some practise in there before the race.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
come and help and make it rideable for sunday
I would do mate but I have work all day :( I would have taken it off so I could come and lend a hand cause I havn't done much recently but with castle hill on the weekend we just had and beerburrum the weekend after this one coming, I couldn't get the time off. If the building though goes over to the sunday I might be able to make sunday arvo to lend a hand.

Henrique_dh

Cannon Fodder
Can someone please recommend any cheap accomodation in beerburrum?
How do i get to the course?
I'm leaving from gold coast saturday early in the morning.
thank you

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can someone please recommend any cheap accomodation in beerburrum?
How do i get to the course?
I'm leaving from gold coast saturday early in the morning.
thank you
Beerburrum is less then 2hrs from the Goldy. But if you need accommodation I'd look in Caboolture. The whole Beerburrum area is a pine forrest so the closest hotel/motel is probably 20mins away, closer to Caboolture... Try searching for Accommodation near Australia Zoo, as that's pretty close and I'm sure alot of people travel there.

So keen for this race! All prepped ready to go. If I don't crash out in practice again it'll be my first proper DH race.

iridedh

Likes Dirt
does anyone know if it raining up there?

BEERBURUM Forecast saying rain till friday and sun on sat and sunday!!!
is that good? will the track be ok? and just for the record im not whinging im just hoping for better weather!!! as i know rain isn't something that can be stopped lol

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
well hopefully the new track has alot better drainage then the last one at the bottom, but either way racing will be sick! so keen

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the track still in the same spot and just modified? Just got an email calling it the "Hennessy hill downhill track".

I'm guessing it's the same track as always but modified to keep it to one side of the fire road, yeh?.. Also, Is it open to the public on Saturday? Pretty keen to scope it out.. even to just look/no ride.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Thanks to whom ever stopped day licenses in QLD. I'm here from NSWs, and can't justify over $100 for one race. Lame.

needaride

Likes Dirt
Is the track still in the same spot and just modified? Just got an email calling it the "Hennessy hill downhill track".

I'm guessing it's the same track as always but modified to keep it to one side of the fire road, yeh?.. Also, Is it open to the public on Saturday? Pretty keen to scope it out.. even to just look/no ride.
Yeah mate its the same track but like you say, modified to stick to one side of the fire road. The entire track has been worked on though and its looking very tidy... Saturday should be open for practice. Going to be a sick weekend!

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
Thanks to whom ever stopped day licenses in QLD. I'm here from NSWs, and can't justify over $100 for one race. Lame.
Can someone please explain this further? I have just gone to enter the event (haven't race downhill in maybe 4 or 5 years) to give it a shot and get back into DH racing and it seems like you can't enter and buy a day licence anymore? Is this true?

I sure as hell hope not :(