Super 8 Video

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I wanted to highlight this truly excellent video to fellow farkiners.

It was launched back in February http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=47567&highlight=super8, but there seems to have been no mention of it ever since.

It is split into two sections: DH and 4X. The format of the footage itself is fairly similar to Synopsis with commentary by riders between races, although I think that the editing is actually better than Synopsis.

The soundtrack will probably not be to the taste of the thrash/punk/hardcore fans out there but there is a wide range of music for the rest of us including: Snowpatrol, Interpo, The Bravery, Air, The Go! Team, Les Savy Fav etc etc.

All in all Super 8 it is the best MTB video I have ever seen and that is the highest praise I can give it.

Opinions/comments?

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Oddjob said:
I wanted to highlight this truly excellent video to fellow farkiners.

It was launched back in February http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=47567&highlight=super8, but there seems to have been no mention of it ever since.

It is split into two sections: DH and 4X. The format of the footage itself is fairly similar to Synopsis with commentary by riders between races, although I think that the editing is actually better than Synopsis.

The soundtrack will probably not be to the taste of the thrash/punk/hardcore fans out there but there is a wide range of music for the rest of us including: Snowpatrol, Interpo, The Bravery, Air, The Go! Team, Les Savy Fav etc etc.

All in all Super 8 it is the best MTB video I have ever seen and that is the highest praise I can give it.

Opinions/comments?
I bought it as soon as I could, it absolutely rocks, worth every penny. The best race vid I've seen with really creative editing, soundtrack and general camera work.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Six-Six-One said:
I Have A Red Huffy:D
Cooooooool.

I had a green one, but broke it by hucking to upslope.

I hear this year's model is 300grams heavier and much flexier, it that true?

demo man

Used to be cool.
best mountain biking fil i've ever seen, the editing, IMO, surpasses every other current DH film. i say current because i haven't seen a lot of the older ones.

buy it now.

S.

ex offender
Nah, this looked sped up when directly compared to Earthed 3, cos a lot of the footage is taken from very similar spots.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
To be honest i thought the footage was good, but the editing was crude, and the soundtrack was, to be fair, average at best. You do notice the difference between the guys who did this and Clay Porter or Alex Rankin.

Ben Oz

Likes Dirt
watched the premier at Buller - couple 100 n beer - good, bought it and have watched it 6 or so times since, good soundtrack, good movie - the best to date - since earthed 1 - 2n3 havent been upto scratch. It also doesnt have any trails in it(like earthed 3) buy it well worth the money- now winter is getting nearer

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
S. said:
I think so, anyway. Maybe it was just alcohol-fuelled jealousy or something :)
Why on earth would someone bother speeding up footage? The same accusation was made when synopsis came out and it has puzzled me ever since.

In my mind faster footage does not equal better footage and I'm sure it occurs to the film makers as well. So why would they do it if it adds nothing to the film.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Oddjob said:
Why on earth would someone bother speeding up footage? The same accusation was made when synopsis came out and it has puzzled me ever since.

In my mind faster footage does not equal better footage and I'm sure it occurs to the film makers as well. So why would they do it if it adds nothing to the film.

Shhh

The rumours makes us slow folk feel better

S.

ex offender
Oddjob said:

Uhh that should be pretty obvious... because it exaggerates the sense of speed and thus the wow factor. Watch Jenson Woodcock's section in Inertia (same guys who made Super 8) - that WAS sped up (at least in parts) with absolutely no doubts.

I have footage of Greg Minnaar that looks sped up he is going so damn fast. I dont know a single film maker who speeds up footage, to do so just makes it look jerky when shooting DV anyway.

projectsplat

The film guy
S. said:
Uhh that should be pretty obvious... because it exaggerates the sense of speed and thus the wow factor. Watch Jenson Woodcock's section in Inertia (same guys who made Super 8) - that WAS sped up (at least in parts) with absolutely no doubts.
Hi S.

Thanks for your comments. I was the online editor on the Super 8 project, and I can confirm that no footage was sped up in the film.

Cheers

Alister

Last edited: