Supercooling

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
Ohhh sorry weird guy who loves kittens:D. Put a beer in the freezer for three hours [Don't open the freezer or bump it] then after the three hours tap it against something hard i.e bench, tiles.

Joking about the kitten thing

Icarus

Likes Dirt
I've had this happen with soda water before, perfectly liquid until the seal is broken, then it turns to ice slurry.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I did a bit of research. It can be done when pure or distiled water is frozen below 0 without being disturbed then tapped.

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
And smash goes the extra dry all over the floor. Eh, in 3 hours you woulda finished off most of the slab thats been sitting in the fridge, dunno if I could wait that long.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Sure does work! I saw the video ages ago and the morning after a party found some corona's in the freezer that hadn't frozen yet. Acting cool (get it... cool) I said "watch this" and tapped the top of the beer. Instantly frozen. If you've even pulled the timeless prank of hitting the top of your mates open beer with the bottom of another (or had some douche do it to you) you'd know that doing so creates a realeas of CO2. Now when the beer is just above its freezing point and a large release of CO2 occurs the change in pressure creates a cooling effect, making the beer freeze (i think...). But anyway, yes is does work.

Edit: Beaten by the vid above.

Last edited:

|Matt|

Banned
So if I'm with mates and we have drinks in glass bottles, which are pretty damn cold, and I smack the bottom of their bottle, it will freeze?

Rhianna

Cannon Fodder
Jacob stop posting shit all over the net. I keep reading what you've been saying and its all pointless. Sif you've ever had beer. Stop acting all hardcore you look like a loser. And stop trying to be cool by called it "Wodka" just because it says that on the bottle of vodka dad got from Germany.
And its not Rhianna its your awesome sister Britt.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
^^ Ouch

but it does work with gin. Got a bottle out of the freeer to mix gin and tonic. It was liquid at the time. I was talking to my brother as i opened and tried to pour the gin. The first i realised it was frozen was him rolling round on the ground laughing at me. So it should work with vodka. Works with wine too.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Jacob stop posting shit all over the net. I keep reading what you've been saying and its all pointless. Sif you've ever had beer. Stop acting all hardcore you look like a loser. And stop trying to be cool by called it "Wodka" just because it says that on the bottle of vodka dad got from Germany.
And its not Rhianna its your awesome sister Britt.
Woot, he has two sisters!

thompo

Likes Dirt
sure it looks pretty cool but its a waste of money, the guy freezes a corona bottle, one of the most expensive beers out there for the whole thing to go to waste in a few seconds.

However, i can see a use for it when im at a party and i freeze all my mates beers previously but my own and we tap beers to celebrate and mine is the only one not frozen. :p

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My question is, why was his sister on Farkin? 0 posts and then just decides to join to bag out her brother. +1 for Britt :p