QLD Surly Krampus - 29er+ (Medium) SOLD

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Surly Krampus 29+ (includes Surly forks - unused, see pics). Can also be run as a Single Speed
Item Condition: Used, but in awesome condition.
Reason for selling: Going full suspension (see below).
Price and price conditions: $1500 + post
Extra Info: In my mid fifties now and riding the trails is getting tuffer. Although the Krampus is a really smooth hardtail, the trails I like to ride are not. I am starting to suffer from arthritis (probably more work related, using fricken jackhammers and shovels for thirty five + years), but I don't want to stop riding trails so I am going to ride full suss bikes only (on the trails). I know it's not going to fix my body, but the ride will surely be smoother.
This bike was only assembled mid last year and basically only gets ridden two to three times a month. A really capable trail bike, really quiet too. The rear stays definitely have a shock absorbing quality. It has been great to have a steel hardtail in the stable once again. They surely keep things interesting when you come into a technical section a little too hot. I actually do believe that I ride my dually quicker after a ride or two on the hardtail. It will be missed in that respect. It is one of a three bike stable, and will be replaced with a short travel dually.

Brakes are basic Shimano items (with SLX rotors). they work perfect.
Dropper post is a Brand X from CRC. and it works perfectly. Has a tiny bit of play, but no more than any other dropper I have used.
Wheels are set up tubeless. And also includes an XD driver that was purchased with the wheelset. Also comes with spare spokes.
1 x 11 drivetrain
Massive tyre clearance.

Hopefully the pics I have provided show you what you need if you are interested in buying.

If you would like any extra pics or information please just ask. I will respond to your questions as quickly as possible, we all have busy lives these days, your patience is appreciated.

Postage can be arranged but buyer needs to cover costs. I will pull it down and box it safely for transport. I am happy for you to organize your own courier as well, I can drop off at a Sunshine coast courier depot for you. Please allow a couple of days handling time, this will allow me to properly box for transport and organize a courier.

Geometry
Medium size frame..

• Seat Tube Length: 425 mm
  • Top Tube Length: 573 mm
  • Effective Top Tube Length: 610 mm
  • Head Tube Length: 100 mm
  • Chainstay Length: 435 mm
  • Wheelbase: 1112.6 mm
  • BB Drop: 65 mm
  • Reach: 426 mm
  • Stack: 602 mm
  • Seat Tube Angle: 73.0°
  • Head Tube Angle: 69.0° (I would suggest it is a little slacker with the Yari forks (110mm travel) on it)
  • Standover Height: 797 mm
  • Recommended Height: 170- 183 cm (although I am shorter than this and rode it fine).
Pictures:

Attachments

Last edited: