FOUND Surly Long Haul Trucker... thanks for the assistance rotorburn!

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!

Disassembled 62cm (XXL) Surly Long Haul Trucker Touring Bike in Bike Bag – 14/02/2010

Essendon, Melbourne

Ground Effect Tardis Navy Blue Nylon Bike Bag with 90% Disassembled Bike in it
Wheels are off bike, and very difficult to fit (rohloff hub assembly required)
Fork is out of frame
Bar/Stem is unattached completely; brake cables are not in calipers
Chain is off bike
Pedals off crankset

Racks and mudguards are missing all mounting bolts
Will not have a chain tensioner or chain link with it, making the chain not able to fit

Specs

62cm (XXL) Surly Long Haul Trucker Touring Frame and Fork – custom painted in black-onyx pearl, reasonably scratched up – suits a rider over 195cm tall
Rohloff 14s Internal Rear Hub in Silver with torque arm, Cables running down downtube, under bottom bracket
Hope Pro 3 Front Hub in Silver, black spokes and rims
Custom Mounted Rohloff shifter on a Minoura Space Grip, off the handlebars

Black Hope Headset
Cannondale Stem
Shimano Pro Drop Handlebars with Ortlieb Handlebar Bag Adapter attached
Black Brooks Leather Saddle (worn so that the right side of the seat is more worn than the left)
Thomson Seatpost
Shimano 105 Road Cranks, Surly Stainless Steel Chainring
Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres (20,000km on them)
Shimano XT Pedals
Minoura Oversized (1.5L) Bottle Cages
Tubus Cargo 28 Rear Steel Rack
Tubus Tara Front Steel Rack
Ortlieb Front Roller Front Pannier Bags (Black)

Contact Alex on 0401 628 865 if you see this bicycle come into your shop please!

Attachments

Last edited:

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
That's tragic Alex :(

What's the story behind having the bike lost?

I'll keep an eye out in Box Hill.

LTR

Bike has been found.... thank you very much to Jack who phoned up after reading the ad!

Cheers,
Alex

LTR

Jack went to the Coburg Trash and Treasure Market on Sunday where he found my bike in a bag. The lady said the bike had come from a relative, and she was just selling it on. He picked it up (was either going to be a bargain, or stolen) and took it home to build up and sell off. He thought he should check the forums before doing it up and selling it, and here was my ad!

What I dont believe is that there were three high end bikes sitting right next to the bag, and that they didnt take those over the mystery bag! I also can't believe how it can go from my house to the Coburg market in less than 10 hours! Crazy.

Cheers Jack!

carpo

Likes Bikes
great that you found it did you get around to many more bike shops or not, guessing the work kinda paid off. im the kid from essendon cyclery and i read you piece of paper a few time and seen that it was found. i bet your very glad, you can now but a few more miles on it

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
So Jack's now out of pocket? :( Is it going to be possible to find that lady again - and point the police at her? For sure she's no innocent party in all this.

LTR

great that you found it did you get around to many more bike shops or not, guessing the work kinda paid off. im the kid from essendon cyclery and i read you piece of paper a few time and seen that it was found. i bet your very glad, you can now but a few more miles on it
Yeah, I managed to deliver over 30 ads across the inner, north and west of Melbourne! The bike has probably done over 20,000km (in the past year!) and is definitely good for another!
So Jack's now out of pocket? :( Is it going to be possible to find that lady again - and point the police at her? For sure she's no innocent party in all this.
I hooked Jack up, so he is square. The plan is for Jack to go down to the markets as often as possible (he does this regularly at the moment anyway) and basically call the police if he sees her!