suspension set up

Zubanoid

Likes Bikes
I was wondering if there is a good thread / youtube video / website that you can recommend on suspension set up for a dual suspension bike. I just got a Giant Reign SX and it has more adjustments than my previous bikes but I'm not sure what set to have on it.

I usually ride XC with the odd DH trail. I can't remember exactly what forks / shock I have but they both have rebound, preload and compression I think...

I am more wondering what settings most people use or is it a case of testing and adjusting?

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
I would start with everything set in the middle and set your sag with air pressure (usually start with about 25% and go from there). Then do a little run with rebound all the way in and all the way out to see what difference it makes in the feel and do that for all your adjustments one at a time. Then when it comes to fine tuning you know what you need to adjust to change a specific feel or characteristic to make it more comfortable for you. I'm sure there are lots of different ways, but everyone likes their suspension set up a little different.

Gravityfreak

Likes Dirt
I was wondering if there is a good thread / youtube video / website that you can recommend on suspension set up for a dual suspension bike. I just got a Giant Reign SX and it has more adjustments than my previous bikes but I'm not sure what set to have on it.

I usually ride XC with the odd DH trail. I can't remember exactly what forks / shock I have but they both have rebound, preload and compression I think...

I am more wondering what settings most people use or is it a case of testing and adjusting?
It will really benefit you in the long term if you make an effort to learn the principles behind what your suspension adjustments do.

Zubanoid

Likes Bikes
All good tips! Thanks :)

I like the tech Tuesday link, cheers for that. It makes a lot more sense now. I gotta get my air sorted for the rear for sure. I set everything to middle and the forks felt good but rear is bobbing a bit with a bit of sag....

Cheers guys

driftking

Wheel size expert
It will really benefit you in the long term if you make an effort to learn the principles behind what your suspension adjustments do.
This.

Once you understand each setting you can pin point what needs fixing.
You feel A and know to change B

Saves a lot of time too.