VIC Swap left reverb lever for right

piker

Likes Dirt
Item: Swap my left rockshox reverb lever for your right lever
Price range/Willing to Pay: Swap or let me know if you have a spare
Extra Info: My right hand brain can't cope with left lever after years of right hand Joplin lever :yuck:

Michae1

Likes Dirt
If you flip it so it mounts under the bar you'll be sorted.

Pic of a LHS mounted lever (which would actually be a RHS lever, flipped)

reverbunder.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
Run it upside down. Keeps it out of harms way better. Mine came righty, wanted lefty, this is even better.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Run it upside down. Keeps it out of harms way better. Mine came righty, wanted lefty, this is even better.
What Moorey said. .. flip it over and under, keeps the lever safe and out of the way.

Btw... I know why I run avid, sram and rock shox... cleans the bars up big time. .. That shimano setup is busy to say the least

Irck

Likes Bikes
Btw... I know why I run avid, sram and rock shox... cleans the bars up big time. .. That shimano setup is busy to say the least
Wouldn't running a matchmaker only make one less clamp if he's running the reverb button flipped?

moorey

call me Mia
What Moorey said. .. flip it over and under, keeps the lever safe and out of the way.

Heard of iSpec?
avid brakes are NEVER a convenience thing...

Irck

Likes Bikes
That shimano set-up does look a touch busier but it looks pretty functional to me. My matchmakers means I have to run the button on the inside of the levers to get the lever distance right (which then makes hitting the reverb harder).

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Tbh, all that is on the left side for me is the rear brake which is mounted off the reverb clamp. The other side is one clamp holding the brake and rear shifter.

As for the avid brakes, have had shimano up until I got the xo trails and love them. Haven't had to bleed them this year yet and have performed flawlessly. None of the issues that I have heard about. .. but that is a different argument and thread entirely.

Yes you can just flip the lever over and under. .. You don't need to buy anything new

piker

Likes Dirt
If I could run it under bar I would believe me! I run xtr/xt ispec shifters and there just isn't enough room for the clamp or the reverb lever to get around the brake lever/shifter pods under the bar.
Current left hand on top:

Right hand realestate:

Under right:

Right side under:

I was running these xtr levers with problem solver mismatch makers and X0 shifters and there still wasn't room to run it under...

piker

Likes Dirt
This as close as I can get the lever under the bar on the right side:

Close but too far still...

Irck

Likes Bikes
Yep, that's pretty much the issue that I have but I can get it a bit closer so it's manageable. Def prefer to run it up against the grips tho.

piker

Likes Dirt
Yep, that's pretty much the issue that I have but I can get it a bit closer so it's manageable. Def prefer to run it up against the grips tho.
I can't fit it up against the grip as the right angle turn that the reverb lever makes contacts with the brake lever or the shifter pod. Maybe xtr shifters are skinnier?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I can't fit it up against the grip as the right angle turn that the reverb lever makes contacts with the brake lever or the shifter pod. Maybe xtr shifters are skinnier?
starting doing stuff with your left hand and stop being such a nancy