[SWAP] RockShox Motion Control Remote for Non-Remote

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: RockShox MotionControl Damper - Reba/Pike/Revelation, REMOTE version, external FloodGate dial
Item Condition: Excellent. Basically brand new, pulled out of a fork and replaced with a non-remote MotionControl Damper
Reason for swapping: Would prefer a non-remote version!
Price and price conditions: Swap includes the remote lever, of course
Extra Info: N/A
Pictures: I'm sure you've all seen them before...

I'm after a non-remote, MotionControl damper with external FloodGate dial and blue aluminium knob.

Great chance for a free upgrade to a remote/lockout version (with external Flood Gate dial). This upgrade kit usually costs about $120, BTW.

Swap would involve a bit of trust and, of course, bikes being out of a action for a few days while the parts travel...

So, anyone interested?

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Have you considered removing the return spring in your current damper?

It is contained within the red swiss cheese thing attached to the assembly. Use the info from the service guides SRAM provides as a reference...while its not recommended or noted how you remove it, it will provide you with details as to how to get in there. Function is the same bar the different knob.

Just an option...

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you considered removing the return spring in your current damper?

It is contained within the red swiss cheese thing attached to the assembly. Use the info from the service guides SRAM provides as a reference...while its not recommended or noted how you remove it, it will provide you with details as to how to get in there.

Just an option...
Hey Ango,
Yeah I have considered this. However, from many accounts, it's a one way operation. Spring out = never goes back in.
Doesn't seem much sense in ruining a perfectly good remote MC damper if I can swap one with someone else.
If I get no swap, I'll buy a new non-remote one, anyway.
Thanks for the help, though.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, I pulled the spring out of my Revelations, and decided I preferred the remote lock out, wasnt that hard to put back in.....

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, I pulled the spring out of my Revelations, and decided I preferred the remote lock out, wasnt that hard to put back in.....
Cool, then. Glad someone's done it and it wasn't too hard - I've read it doesn't go back in.
I'll just get the blue alu knob, then.
S. also sent me some good info on stopping the leak on my other one, so I'll be playing MoCo MoFo this weekend!