Swing arm removal giant ac

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, am trying to remove the rear end of an old giant. Is there some trick to removing a pivot bolt, the fucker just keeps spinning. I have pulled apart duallies before and have not had this prob. Any help would be great as I need to get this sucker posted to it's new owner
IMG_20151116_085108.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Try posting it in "1" piece...

Does the bolt go through to the other side? Like a bolt and a nut...

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Try posting it in "1" piece...

Does the bolt go through to the other side? Like a bolt and a nut...
Unfortunately it is 1cm to long for good old Aussie post to handle, 1 fucken cm has made life hard. The other side has a bolt that threads in, see photo. Have tryed using a padded Allen key and gentle whacking but no good so am assuming it must be threaded.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But threaded to what? I reckon there is a threaded sleeve and a bolt goes in from each side. I had that set up on a frame a while back. Do the undone side back up and crack the offending side. Then ease each side back. You may end up needing to apply pressure to the sleeve with your finger or dick or similar.

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Remove hardware connecting seat stay to rocker, fold down seat stay, now fold both chain and seat stays up. Just gained 40+ cm.
The main pivot requires a scary amount of poundage to slide out. You seem to be on the correct path. Thread sacrificial screw as far as possible into pivot axle and smack. If the alloy hardware is NOT hollow, use a long steel rod run through the pivot(like a hole punch).

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Remove hardware connecting seat stay to rocker, fold down seat stay, now fold both chain and seat stays up. Just gained 40+ cm.
The main pivot requires a scary amount of poundage to slide out. You seem to be on the correct path. Thread sacrificial screw as far as possible into pivot axle and smack. If the alloy hardware is NOT hollow, use a long steel rod run through the pivot(like a hole punch).
Cheers mate, the shock removal makes makes sense, you just made me one happy chappy. Maybe I should be on the fuckwit thread for not thinking of it