Likes Dirt
Sup fools we'all ridin Wednesday night.

Meet 7pm St Mary's Cath
Be there with yo pimpin rides.

Peace!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Ok laddies, i'm gonna be the punter who is gonna speak out and stir some shit. Last weeks city absolutely sucked balls. We had enough people turn out, but we shouldn't have split up. This is a fun ride remember?

Anyways what i'm saying is, lets just freakin ride. If you're sick of riding the same stuff over again, speak up and lets not be afraid of exploring new teritory.

The next few weeks are going to be high in security due to the time of year, so lets try and be sensible whenever we can. We've already given cyclists a pretty bad rep in darling harbour (thow those guards love to take it up the ...), but lets not ruin it in other locations.

So in conclusion, get yo helmet on, slam down a red bull or 7, and lets bring back the fun and friendly city rides like they used to be. Bring yo camera, bring yo mates, bring tassles if it gets your rocks off... but lets just get out there and ride. See you all next week!!!

Rik

logged out
Righto, the past few weeks have gotten to me, I'm sorry that I might seem arrogant in saying this, but too bad:

We've had alot of new guys turn up lately, and that's awesome, but at the same time, there's alot of negative vibe being brought along.
Too many people seem to turn up with the wrong attitude.
We're all there for fun, noone likes a poser and noone likes a big ego, but these are 2 things we're seeing more of.
We really need to explore new terrain, get away from security too... so let's do it. But unfortunately, every suggestion for new riding got shot down. Instead of just criticising everywhere, why don't you suggest something new.
Instead of complaining that things are too small/boring/lame, why don't you find something new, and then, HIT IT! Too much bignoting and not enough actual riding is what's been going on lately.
We're all there for fun, but the attitudes of some has dampened this fun factor alot. let's all have the attitude dropped, the negativity dropped, and try and contribute in a positive way.

I've edited this, as it sounded like I was attacking people personally, sorry, I'm not singling out anyone in general, it's just a group thing we've seen more of lately.

j-ro

Likes Dirt
Hows abouts a manly ride? heapsa shit to do over here.
Rik am i supposed to geus as to who thats directed at?

Rik

logged out
No, take it as personally as you want, but it wasn't directed at anyone at particular, it's just a combination of what I've heard from alot of people over the past month.

RCOH

Eats Squid
I have been on three wed night city rides, so this doesn't give what i am saying a whole heap of gravity, but here goes.

I have noticed that Rik & Weasel are, or have become, the unofficial leaders of this ride, as in when they leave cook-phillip everyone else does, same for other locations. i don't know why this is, probably because you guys started organising the ride. perhaps we could tentatively organise a route at cook phillip, collating suggestions from all the riders, & when the time comes to move to different spot, Rik or Weasel could call it once, then start riding. Who ever follows, follows, there is no need to worry about those who don't want to come. I apologise to Rik & Weasel if this is putting too much responsibility on them, but people seem to listen to you, rather than a relative newbie like me, or someone who is on their first ride. It is quite an ask to speak up infront of a group of 40 strangers.

Also even since i have been coming, the numbers of riders have expanded quite a bit. I don't think there is a lot that can be done about breakaway groups, when there are 40 or so bikers traversing around town.

Seeing as it is christmas time, there will be a lot more people around with christmas parties, holidays etc, so it would probably be a wise idea to find some less populated areas to ride, at least until it gets a bit later & people have gone home, leaving the city to us.

I have been riding around sydney for over 10 years, i know my way around pretty well, & these city rides are one of the highlights of my week. I am happy to take people to places i thinkare fun to ride, but i can't guarantee everyone will enjoy them. But you never know if you never go right.

i also agree that negative attitudes should be left at the door, but honestly i haven't encountered much on the rides i have been on.

Phew!! sorry if that sounds like a bit of a rant. I will now step off the soap box & await the (inevitable?) rebuttals. see everyone on wednesday :D

naz

Criminally Inane
well put rcoh,
but putting responsibilty on rik and weasel, well end up dead raped n robbed :p

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Rik, Naz,Carlin myself and Squid (And all other regular riders who come out and are supportive of our rides) are the regulars yes and yes people do tend to follow us when we move about.

But i'd like to point out that riders who want to follow us can but as to where we go its just a route that made sence.
Seeing as security is just becoming stupid around our favourate spots new routes need to found.
The problem I have is that people want to ride new stuff and are getting bored but unless you have a better idea and a route to ride dont bitch about it.
We are getting bored of the route yes i know but i enjoy it no matter where i go because it give me a chance to catch up with mates and arse around.
I will agree that with the rides growing the egos of some are a tad to much and other happenings are drawing bad attention down onto us.

But 4 of us arnt going to do all the thinking for everyone else. If there is somthnig that doesnt involve riding 300kms to do and is good and not going to interfear with people etc, speak up.
Were not mind readers and any useful input is appriciated.

Peace

naz

Criminally Inane
frankly it doesnt concern, me run away from rent-a-cops, bit of food socializing, its al good

eh weasel..
peace out :p
haha

Rik

logged out
But the thing is, I'd rather avoid them alltogether, than have to run away from them. We don't want to cause trouble, as mentioned once before, we're representing mtb'ers now, and just think, if we keep on agitating, they're going to snap.
That's why I got mobbed by 4 security and 2 coppers the other night, because we're pushing it a bit... next thing you know they'll start picking on bikers just for the sake of it.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
BITCH BITCH BITCH :lol:
Nah it's good that we're all getting this off our chests now, instead of on the night itself. But yeah as Weasel said, we aint mind readers. If you know of a good spot that we havent been to, speak up and lets check it out.
I for one wouldn't mind starting with Pyrmont within the first 1/2 hr of riding. I know alot of people are sick of that place, but think about it... It's the only location so far that EVERYONE can have fun on. Might be a good way to get the nerves going too. Then we can move along.
Again this is just a suggestion so if you've got a better idea... SPEAK UP!!!
btw Rob (aka Techno Destructo) will be making a special guest appearence. Lets all welcome him with a big hug on wednesday. Maybe even throw a girlie theme again for him haha

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK how's this for a plan (Feel free to moan bitch disagree argue suggest something different and so on... :lol:)

Meet at the normal time at st Mary's
Ride the park behind it and the wall ride at that place.
Up through the "horse piddle" (hospital)
Ride throught Martin's Place
Round to Pyrmont
Up to Ultimo around the back of the TAFE, (there is a park or two on the way)
Then Sydney Uni. (People say it sucks but I have seen stuff there to ride)
And back to the city somehow mabye via the back of Central.

Now for the rant... everyone else has had a go so now me.

Saying there is nothing good to ride is just BS, use your imagination people! Don't say nothing is rideable say EVERTHING is rideable no matter how small it is. If it's getting old ride it in a different way, up it instead of down it, balance on it, ride it backwards... What ever don't ride past that park in a big group because it is small, stop and session it. Open up your minds, we are all there to ride aren't we?

WooKie

Dirty Imports
wo wo what the hell happened last week?.... i miss out on one week and seems like the shit hit the fan or something. Where's the luv boys? Maybe the rain has caused some frustration in us all but we need to chill a bit.

But i totally agree with rik, wease. squid and carlin....there's no need to stir up shit with security for the fun of it.

As they say 'it's the minority that ruins it for the majority'....anyways off the soap box now see you boys next week

Dicky

Punter God
i think several people have already voiced the collective opinion for the greater good.... it's just a few more people we need to get the message across to.
'course the world's not perfect but we can do our best to at least point the front wheel in that direction.

i'm on the same wavelength with Weasel on the 'just come along for the ride, muck around and catch up with mates' idea, so it's no biggie where the route takes us. However, it is indeed a good idea to steer clear of the pedestri-sheep hotspots for the next few weeks... we are still wearing our MTB ambassador hats after all.
Plus i don't want to give everyone's favourite Darling Harbour Power Ranger the satisfaction of warm and fuzzies for being able to yell at us again.

if you're a bit stagefrightened about speaking out in front of 40 odd ppl, just remember that the guys you're riding with aren't your mates, YET!!!
who knows, the guy on the rig next to you might live at the other end of your favourite bit of local singletrack.
also, and slightly more importantly, logic will tend to prevail. If you've got something intelligent to say then it's going to get listened to - fire it up! everyone wants to know what everyone else thinks!

*please note - above quote concerning logic does not apply to plastic accessories.*

so yeah, all you gotta bring is a bike, an open mind and a big silly grin, and we'll be all good.

See ya all next week!

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WooKie said:
wo wo what the hell happened last week?.... i miss out on one week and seems like the shit hit the fan or something. Where's the luv boys? Maybe the rain has caused some frustration in us all but we need to chill a bit.
Its cool, there's lots of luv :lol:

Last week wasn't really that bad, I just think a few prople were tired, myself included and the night was a bit flat.

Just to everyone out there reading the thread and thinking of coming along don't let the negative vibes in this thread turn you off we are really not that grumpy in real life :D This week will be fun.

oh and Christmas theme this week! I want to see tinsel, santa hats just no glass ball balls, they hurt when you crash on them :shock:

naz

Criminally Inane
why dont we starts the 'morally correct riding crew' for all ya'll conservative women

scottair

Likes Dirt
yeh dudes lets just ride how we ride and drop what we want when we want and how ever we want
sorry dudes im wid naz lets just ride how we always do no offence but we dont need riding captains or any of that shit
btw im not coming again on wednesday night it my bday and im going to get pissed so i think that a good excuse
anyway dudes huck on and il see u next week