sydney city Ride, Wednesday 17th

Weasel

Likes Dirt
I hate being sick!

I always miss the good stuff
I dont care if i gotta gaffa tape an oxygen cylinder to the bike im gonna be there next week!!!

Dicky

Punter God
naz said:
hey at least u didnt have to maintain 200rpm just to keep up
fortunatly NO CARNAGE...just a few slip ups...carlin on his ass after attempting wallride hehe and me slippin out somewhere dodgy monty brakes
this is true. that was a fair effort mate.

and yeah, the lack of rider-initiated carnage was pretty cool... hopefully we can get some big air photos next week with the same thing.

i'll be back on the stinky, i'll give ya a tow...

oh yeah, cheers to whoever was pushing me up the hill near cathedral :D i owe ya a beer or two

naz

Criminally Inane
arghh i wanna get my nu bike so i can go bigger!!!!!!
trials bike just dont do justice hehehe

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
naz said:
arghh i wanna get my nu bike so i can go bigger!!!!!!
trials bike just dont do justice hehehe
Atleast your chain stays on. Mine had to drop just as the rentacop was chasing "NOOOO NOT NOW"!!!

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Yeah... shitty angle. I'll do better next time. Hell, I've got lots of time to practice my photography now that my Holeshot's been stolen... :(

naz

Criminally Inane
thats fuked...atleast u have a good chance of gettin it back c'in uve probably got the only 1 in aus!!!!
i got them 270's off 5 ft drops now!! hehe

scottair

Likes Dirt
renta cops

:D hey i logged in and shit i am scott the guy on the trek hardtail from the other night
those fake pigs were annoying
hey where we riding this wednes day
i am going to go big

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Found a VERY nice stairgap (not too heavy - about 8-flat-8, with (I think) grass after the last step... Looked like a decent run-up too! Not too far from Central station.

Could be a great gap! 'Cause even if you screw up massive (a la Rob), you've got a grass and dirt landing at the very end of it. Looked like there was some other good terrain around the area too!

scottair

Likes Dirt
cnetral sation gap

:D
i am liking what u are say techno that gap sounds very appetizing will it be open or full face helmet what do u reckon?
as for u squid u hafta come i want to see that gemini of yours

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Re: cnetral sation gap

scottair said:
:D
i am liking what u are say techno that gap sounds very appetizing will it be open or full face helmet what do u reckon?
Well, the grass and dirt (not 100% sure it's like that, since I saw it from a distance) landing will definitely make any crash a lot more bearable, and judging by your ability, you probably won't have any problems with it, so you could go open-face.

But then again, there is no greater regret than owning good safety gear/armour/protection/full-face helmet, not wearing the stuff when you know you're going to ride aggro, then crashing and smashing yourself to bits. I know from experience (like having armour in my backpack, and then crashing while doing something that I should have had protection for...).

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
I'll be there matey don't you worry. But yeah bring your armor and ff. Dicky, we wanna see that Stinky of your gappin too boy!

scottair

Likes Dirt
yeh it always bad like that
but hey crashing is the only way to progress ur mtbing
when u crash u know u are doing something harder than u would usually do
I LOVE IT
man saturday i nailed myself at cascades of the roll in drop case it it bad into the tree at the bottom bikes fine im fine 'loving it.'

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
I hear ya. Hey, I'm no stranger to crashing (as many people will tell ya), and I totally agree with ya.

What I think is awful is owning safety gear, and not using it, then eating shit. Awful feeling.