Sydney (East) Riders

Gonzo

Likes Dirt
Whereabouts do you guys normally go riding in the city. Which areas are good. ive ridden around darling harbour a couple of times but the ranger always seems to turn up and give us the boot

wombat

Lives in a hole
Are those the coucil rangers??? Man they're evil! Whenever we used to go skating, the cops were always pretty cool. If you don't give them any lip they'll usually let it slide and just tell you to move on, but the rangers! Christ, you've got 1 minute to be out of sight or you're getting a fine! We thought they were bluffing till they handed out the first ticket! Been a long time since I've moved that fast! There's no way I was paying 160 bucks to session the cannonball for 10 minutes.

Weasel

Likes Dirt
No way i never go near darling harbour

I stick around the bridge and the rocks... central
and a couple of parks i know arond the area.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Techno Destructo said:
Sounds good Weasel...

I need some inspiration to start stair-gappin'!

C'mon Gutty! Isn't there a train around Corrimal?

Can't be that far... just ride in!
Yeah, there is a train, your tripp'n if you think i'm catching it though. It's like an hour and a half or more from mine to the city by train.........probably only an hour by car.
maybe when my wrist is a bit stronger, i can't do much more than XCish type stuff right now anyway.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Rocks and Central are good.

So is Pyrmont.
Mrs Macquaries chair is for the rock drops if it is daylight and Admriality steps at night. The run through Martins place can be fun.
The area around St Marys Cathedral and the swin center has some rideable stuff...
Good stuff at China town also..
The list goes on

There is heaps more aswell I'm sure.

Carlin

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Yup thats where i mostly go

On occasion we stray into the batanical gardens but you got to keep your eyes peeled in there.

But its fun none the less

Hey Im 14 and been biking for nerly a year now. Im from sydney eastern suburbs. umm would your trip be too hard for me to do? im heaps fit and know just a bit more than the basics with my bike. Ive been on a few over night trail runs but nothing more than 83Km I can do easy. Wb

Myatch

Likes Bikes
hey im mitch i am 14 and i good friend of josh we both got our bikes at christmas time and no bit more den da basics i ride anywhere from 50 to 100km a week and i am pretty good at jumps and drops ive dropped 9 foot before and i was pretty proud of ma-self at da moment we are building a lil cross country track wid north shore trails and doubles about 9 foot long across rivers and stuff im from sydney and ive done da oxford falls tracks but i wanna no if theres any jump parks for mountain bikers coz i hate bmx parks all the locals there are poofs

Myatch

Likes Bikes
hey this is mitch just on a different account thing....this is mine and joshes thing.. anyways does any1 in here have an ac1 or a konna dawg or a vt1 or 2 coz im getting a new bike soon and i have to decide between those two any suggestions ?

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Hey fellas my names Weasel and i run this thread...

In answer to your question the ride im going to organize on here are open to everyone.
If you want to come along and watch feel free.
Im sure the fellas that will drag emselves to this would give you pointers if you want em.

If im posting for a ride on here feel free to come.
The more the better

Ride on
Weasel

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Were you boys building this NS style tracks... If I'm close by i'll kick in and help you out. I'd do anything for more places to ride!!!

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, in reply to question about which bike you should probably get?? It all depends on what style of riding you will be sticking to??? You say that you are riding heaps of km's per week but at the same time you like to hit the drops and jumps.
For the drops, etc you'd have to grab the AC but if you're enjoying the XC stuff more the VT would be perfect for you.

Heya Is anyone living round gladesville/ Putney/ Ryde? or suburbs round there? if you are Write back cause me and some friends are building a MTB track and we could REALLY do with some pointers from a bit more expearianced riders. We have a pretty allright area to build the track and an ample supply of materials. We just need tips. And anyone that would give us some tips with our riding would be heaps cool. :D Thanks Buddies. Wb

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
Let us know when you are planning on building. I won't say I am experienced at it but many hands make light work. Or some crap like that.

kk

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
Weasel,

How are the plans going? Numbers must be over 20 by now.

And I thought this forum sucked for Sydney riders.

KK

(edited cause I cant spell weasel without taking 2 attempts)

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
Is anyone here riding on the weekend?

I am not sure when / if I will be riding but if others are planning something I will see if I am able to show up.

Fat Ride,

we should try and organise a ride for the following weekend. what do you think? I suppose with all this rain that you haven't been out much this week.

KK

Hey kitakishi do you live around Ryde?? Me and some friends do to. Im 14 and yea i can bike not too expearenced but yea the track isnt too hard but theres lots of potential to change that...