Sydney: Monday 6th October, Sydney Olympic Park ride

Rik

logged out
Ok, enough interest has been noted, so let's do it!

On Monday the 6th, we'll hit up S.O.P and surrounding area.

Meet at the northern side of Strathfield Station at 10-10:30am.

This station is on the Northern/Western lines, and is fairly busy, so you won't have problems getting there.
The best place to meet would be the north side of the station, the Everton Rd side.
Go up the stairs out of the station (if you have a ramp you're on the wrong side, just go under the tunnel to the other side), when you get to Everton Rd there'll be a pedestrian crossing leading to a big roundabout/island thingy with sheltered chairs on it. We'll meet there, I'll be there earlyish, but we might stay 'til around 7:45/8ish to account for late comers. If you're on the south side, there'll be a huge mall type thing in front of the shopping centre, that's no good, yet again go under the tunnel to Everton Rd roundabout.

From Strathfield, we'll ride up through Concord West to Bicenennial Park, cut through their to Olympic Park, and go silly at Olympic Park. There's no use meeting at Olympic Park itself as trains are rather irregular, plus you miss out on some good riding through bicenten park. If anyone misses out on meeting at strathfield, I guess you can call someone and we can meet you elsewhere.

Anyway, how's that sound, if you have any issues about location/time etc, let me know and we might be able to rearrange things.
And if anyone has a camera, no matter how cheap/bodgy, bring it along for some pretty cool pics that'll have nice scenery in the background.

Rik

logged out
I've been told Monday is a public holiday, so what about making the ride during the day, instead of night? That way we can do things like the pyramids without fear of ending up in the water.

scottair

Likes Dirt
hey bro can we do it towards the end of the day like 3 maybe 4 i got work but i wiuld love to be there though to really sky off the pyramid

Rik

logged out
OK, I've changed the time, we now meet at 10:30am!

That'll allow you guys to miss the peak hour rush, and we'll get a good days worth of riding in, just thinking, there's the Olympic Park, Bicentennial Park, if we go for a cruise over the bridge we can go to Meadowbank, where there's some really nice drops down the side of the hill.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Carlin said:
Sounds like fun, I'll make the trip over, may even borrow a camera.
With a trip that far away from home, I recommend you bring 2 (that's TWO) spare chains + a spare rear mech!!! I'm such a smart ass

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
With a trip that far away from home, I recommend you bring 2 (that's TWO) spare chains + a spare rear mech!!! I'm such a smart ass
Either that or trade in the stinky for a scooter.

Rik

logged out
Yup, I'll be there to meet everyone! If it's wet, that may scare off everyone, but I'll still be there regardless.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Won't see me there, as i gave into the overtime... plus i'm taking friday off to head to Canberra for the 24hr. sorry Rik

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm really keen to go on the ride, but if there is that much rain I don't think I'll be going.

Rik

logged out
Ok, if it's raining, it's off... olympic park is all concrete, and in the wet it's very sketchy. Right now it's wet, but forecasts say it'll be clearing. Yet again, I'll be there regardless, but if it's wet when you wake up tomorrow, don't bother turning up.

Rik

logged out
Ahhh holy shit! I drank myself to oblivion last night, and it's raining here, so looks like a good day to stay in bed :?

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah weather is not looking good for today :(

How about later in the week, or a night ride?