sydney olympic 2000 track

m_g

Likes Dirt
does anyone know if you can ride the fairfield xc track used for the olympics? is it any good?
Cheers

chauff

Squid
Fairfield track

You still can ride in this area XC though. Start at the top BBQ area and go dwnhill, straight across and spiral uphill, backtrack and zigzag down across the steel causeway, than climb up into bush and downhill across little bridges and climb up to the bitumen road. Go across the road and follow the main road down hill to various other tracks in this area. So u see there is still some life left in the area. hah!:)

go to bed jessica

Likes Dirt
Back in the day WSMTB were going to use it for xc racing due to the uncertany of racing at yarra and cost/location of megalong, however the course owners, fairfield city farm wanted a HELL of a lot of money per race. you can still ride there but it costs 10 bucks last time i checked, which was a long time ago.

Gekigengar

Likes Dirt
10 bucks? what do you mean like... just ... .... WHAT???

why would you need to pay 10 buck just to ride the trails is it private property? and where would you pay the 10 bucks to?
what happen to just get out and ride??

go to bed jessica

Likes Dirt
the land the track is on is owned by fairfield council, under the guise of a community farm, like where you take your kids to feed farm animals. They charge admission to the farm. LAST TIME I CHECKED

chauff

Squid
fairfield area XC

I don't know about the fairfield Farm..... Never bothered about that.:( I am talking about 300 Meters down the road from Fairfield farm, the 'Western Sydney Regional Park'. This park also links up to the Former Olympics Eqestrian Centre and the Steeple chase Track! It is all owned by the Council and free to all. However due to its difficulty.... not many people are using this area. Fairfield council has approved and encouraged bike riding. So no cost what so ever, they even provide BBQ and toilets! The steeple chase track is a good track to ride when the grass is cut.:eek:. The zigzag track and the couldron was part of the original 2000 track (As I was told).:D
And I am still riding in this area as it is a good training ground for XC

go to bed jessica

Likes Dirt
If it is free to ride now i'll go check it out for sure. I wonder how much of the original olympic track is left? I never got a chance to ride it, but it looked really cool on telly and in the flesh as a spectator. Thanks for the info chauff.