Sydney Olympic Park MTNX BACK !

barnesy

Likes Dirt
The Sydney Olympic Park MTNX has been a little unmaintained of late. Mainly because of the constant onslaught of rain and the difficulty in obtaining a suitable surface to redo the track.
Well it's back and with changes. I won't go right into the changes only to say they have been geared more towards going there and having fun rather than racing. Nothing big, nothing hard. 3rd straight, 3rd corner and 4th straight were all tweaked, while the rest of the track was resurfaced. The first and second corner were not surfaced as they are wearing too well to muck around with. It still remains the tamest MTNX track in the country but it is also the only one that is ALWAYS open and you can get to by train! It also has a big arse BMX track backing onto it, BBQ facilities, shelters and picnic tables! If you are a 'riding family' it is a good day out.

This Sunday, Western Sydney is running a MTNX clubby, so if you want to check the track out this would be a good time. Kicks off 9am.
Hope you enjoy it
Barnesy & Balkan
Dirtz Traxn Trailz

{|DAN|}

Likes Dirt
Track was definately due for some maintenance.
Now i am very keen to hit it up these holidays.
Thanks for letting us know.

barnesy

Likes Dirt
Yep... spoke to Steve H, 9am kick off. I will be there a bit earlier to give it a bit of a water, this will help the rack settle as it is ridden on.

steel-o

Likes Dirt
on the wsmtb forum it says clubby next weekedd 20 with nsw 27. why is always confusion over dates?

is the clubby on next week or not?

NickM91

Likes Dirt
How is the track?

Can anyone snap some photo's me nd some mates want to head out there but really cbf to go the distance if it's similar to what it was last time!

Cheers

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How is the track?

Can anyone snap some photo's me nd some mates want to head out there but really cbf to go the distance if it's similar to what it was last time!

Cheers
the track is soooo good raced it today.they have resurfaced most of the track and rebuilt the 3rd straight and they have put in a 4m table top after the third birm and have gotten rid of the inside burm on the 3rd corner.
it is definatley worth the trip.

Plow King

Little bit.
Quick question, have there been any awnings or anything put up anywhere? At the track they are in dire need of some shade.

Other than that great work

{|DAN|}

Likes Dirt
Cant wait to head down. They should really put a shelter or something over the starting area that would be real nice. Good suggestion Plow King.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick question, have there been any awnings or anything put up anywhere? At the track they are in dire need of some shade.

Other than that great work
yer the 2 bins with a plank of wood just isnt going to cut it

we need shade!!!

should be a great track now and we should keep maintainance up to it to keep it good

TransitionPete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was a great day out today. The track is now awesome. Very smooth and fun as per usual.

Cheers to Steve and Barnesy for a great day!!

Pete..

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stupid question but I have to ask.

If I wanted to go out and do some practice on this track am I allowed to whenever?

Im happy to help out with Maintinence.

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I see from the WSMTB calender the next 4X race at SOPMMX is on the 25th a may.

Is the SOPMMX a good track to be initiated on?

Just wondering should I rock up with my helmet and superman shirt :p

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can someone get pics? Keen to go out, but last time it got "resurfaced" it was all gravel.