Sydney Pump Track

Roryt

Likes Dirt
Hey guys
I was wondering if anyone knows of a public pump track in Sydney if you do please could you post up the details.
Thanks

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
[Kiddie] park (haberfield / five dock area) with work.

Note: for those digging at [Kiddie] park ... please don't dig so close to the track and leave pits everywhere. There's plenty of dirt around ... so don't be bloody lazy.

I spent several hours last weekend filling in your pits so that the kids can still ride around the features ... be smart and the council won't be compelled to flatten it.

Secondly, don't get excited ... its a kiddies bike track ... a pump track would be excellent, if you want to air out go to the skate park.

Last edited:

Jasper12

Likes Bikes
^^^^^^Thats exactly what I was thinking! When did you fill them in, was there a couple of weeks ago and they werent..Just with leaves or? haha.

I heard something about a 4x track going to be built there, but I don't know. I hope so! :):)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
did some work last weekend and today ... I've left a shovel there if you want to have a dig ... PM me ... I'm also editing the name ... just to make it a little less obvious :)

Last edited:

DjRyde

Likes Dirt
Heyy where did u hide that shovel i sometimes ride the kidiie track.

I always try and build jumps there and the council or stupid kidsride over it.
Do u know any other trails or place to ride round there.

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[Kiddie] park (haberfield / five dock area) with work.

Note: for those digging at [Kiddie] park ... please don't dig so close to the track and leave pits everywhere. There's plenty of dirt around ... so don't be bloody lazy.

I spent several hours last weekend filling in your pits so that the kids can still ride around the features ... be smart and the council won't be compelled to flatten it.

Secondly, don't get excited ... its a kiddies bike track ... a pump track would be excellent, if you want to air out go to the skate park.
LOL, that thing is still there. I thought it would be next to flat by now with all the little dudes rolling over it.
I remember riding that thing just after it was built when you could still air it a reasonable height off the main jump.
Then the b**tards had to knock down the doubles at Callan at pretty much the same time. Tried digging one holiday soon after in a mostly hidden spot in Callan and was flattened after 3 days.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
heee heeee ... its still flat ... in fact its worst as Sydney water is currently doing maintenance on the canal ... jasper calls my two mounds "little lumps" :eek: ... but fark its taken a lot of sweat to get it into boob shape :)

Callan park could be a possibility with some petitioning ... especially now that Sydney Uni has backed out.

Apparently LBUG (Leichardt Bicycle User Group) have plans for an off road bike track ... I took this as meaning another kiddie park ... not sure where.

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Callan park could be a possibility with some petitioning ... especially now that Sydney Uni has backed out.

Apparently LBUG (Leichardt Bicycle User Group) have plans for an off road bike track ... I took this as meaning another kiddie park ... not sure where.
Something could easily be done in Callan, big I mean. The place is just one big even slope right down to the water. A bike only track with a bit of everything could be built but there is just too many roads zig-zagging across the park.
Even if a track was built there would be just too many people walking on it on a weekend anyway.

As for jumps or a pump track, I thought the place where I started building was safe, but was mowed down before I even finished the second jump. I don't think there are any other hidden spots that are flat.
Shame really as it's such a nice place chill out at.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
thats what my backyard is going to look like...well similar :)
wah wah ... a hole with sand around it :p ... plenty of space dude ... and he only spent 30hrs so far

Something could easily be done in Callan, big I mean. The place is just one big even slope right down to the water. A bike only track with a bit of everything could be built but there is just too many roads zig-zagging across the park.
Even if a track was built there would be just too many people walking on it on a weekend anyway.

As for jumps or a pump track, I thought the place where I started building was safe, but was mowed down before I even finished the second jump. I don't think there are any other hidden spots that are flat.
Shame really as it's such a nice place chill out at.
yeah ... no use digging in there ... you'd also get a bollocking from all the greenies ... definitely needs Council approval. ... I'm putting my hopes on the kiddie park ... there's plenty of space ... pretty sure it won't get mowed down, as long as we don't get too excited ... a pump track would be socially responsible and still let the kiddies have a pedal. Anyways, we'll see ... say hello if you see an Asian guy digging in there ... hopefully its me and not the hobbo that lives near by :D

DjRyde

Likes Dirt
I sometimes ride at callen park.
Theres some places in callen, like over near that electrical part theres a trail running beside that where thee is potential to build.
The council should really do something about it.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I thought that was kinda over grown, near the electricity thingo ... you could stealth build small humps and lumps in there, but the residents who are the active gardeners around King George park would prolly cut your nads off if they caught you.

FYI, just near where your talking about ... but inside callan park (not king george) there is a series of soccer pitches ... on one of the soccer pitches, the edge of it has this massive overgrown hill.

On top of that hill, is the back of one of the abandoned buildings ... I reckon behind there and towards the road, would make a fantastic 4x track heading round the corner to the soccer oval and having some lines using the Hill of Death ...

Now thats a council submission waiting to happen.

Jasper12

Likes Bikes
Get it going! Sick Ideas coming through ... Way more interest in it than I thought there would be.

ahaha :)

Last edited:

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The area that runs along the fence I think is a little too narrow if I remember right. No gardeners there though, it's totally overgrown.
As for up the place up the hill from the soccer pitch, it is a good flat spot, but that abandoned house gives me the creeps. :eek:
I'll be doing some scouting tomorrow maybe.

DjRyde

Likes Dirt
Thats heaps mad idea where your going to build.
What a you trying to make timbrell park like and why'd you put some of the jumps so close together, but its heaps good work.
I'll help build up callen.
:D