Sydney Riding Trip Help...

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Hey all...

A friend and I are heading down to Sydney from Brisbane for a bit of 'spur-of-the-moment' riding trip. So, we're looking for a bit of advice on where to ride and where to avoid.

Looking at riding every day from Sunday through to Wednesday before coming home.

We're loking for a variation of stuff. He's more into DJ/4X/Urban and I'd prefer to ride trails, so any reccomendations for either would be appreciated cause we'll be trying to do the whole lot.

We're staying with friends in Liverpool but we're willing to travel a couple of hours if the ridings worth it.

Also, Is there any organised rides happening on the sunday??? I know theres always something organised up here but is it the same down in Sydney??

And, finally, does anyone have any links to mtb clubs etc in the NSW area. We're thinking of riding in Newcastle and also, in Coffs so any suggestions for areas there would be cool too.

Thanks in advance for any help given....

Wood

davieg

Likes Dirt
as in this sunday coming?

theres lots of stuff you could do.

sunday seems like a city ride day aswell.

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Looks like Manly Dam will be one of the proposed destinations. But if anyone's interested in playing 'tour-guide' and riding with us that would be pretty cool.

We'll be looking at spending a day riding the city too if anyone's interested in joining us.

Wood

davieg

Likes Dirt
i will join the city ride for sure.

if it could be the sunday that would be mad but i will try tag along for anything.

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Okay....

So far the plan is to ride the city on Sunday. If anyones keen to join us, get in touch or post here and I can organise something.

Monday will see us heading to Manly Dam followed by Red Hill. Big thanks to Arpit for offering to play tour guide. Again, shout out if you'd like to join and we'll get a group going.

Thanks all,

Wood

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK If there is a Manly Dam/Red Hill ride on Monday, I should be able to join you.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dh

If you guys are keen on some killer dh i could do something on monday . ;) Damo 0406190776

old4dy

Likes Dirt
hey there

WSMTB ARE HOLDING ACLUB DOWNHILL AT KURRAJONG GRASS PARK

ON SUNDAY 13TH

Last edited:

SydneyRider

Likes Dirt
Hey all...

A friend and I are heading down to Sydney from Brisbane for a bit of 'spur-of-the-moment' riding trip. So, we're looking for a bit of advice on where to ride and where to avoid.

Looking at riding every day from Sunday through to Wednesday before coming home.

We're loking for a variation of stuff. He's more into DJ/4X/Urban and I'd prefer to ride trails, so any reccomendations for either would be appreciated cause we'll be trying to do the whole lot.

We're staying with friends in Liverpool but we're willing to travel a couple of hours if the ridings worth it.

Also, Is there any organised rides happening on the sunday??? I know theres always something organised up here but is it the same down in Sydney??

And, finally, does anyone have any links to mtb clubs etc in the NSW area. We're thinking of riding in Newcastle and also, in Coffs so any suggestions for areas there would be cool too.

Thanks in advance for any help given....

Wood
hey guys im from capbelltown just 5 mins from liverpool friday night or monday night if you guys feel like riding park then come down to campbelltown park for a sesh
and for the weekend if you guys are hitting dirt jumps then give us a buzz and ill tag along and maybe show you some other places
shorty is my name

rock on ride on

arpit

Banned
Ok, The current plan is to meet at 0830 on Monday at King St at Manly Dam, outside the Lab.

We will have some fun at Manly Dam, then drive to Red Hill.

We'll probably park at the Penrhyn entrance, explore the Main Trail and end up North.
Then I guess we can ride down 4WD folly, up 100 metre hill, down drop zone, up garden of gulleys, and just play around from there!

If people are feeling tired, its really easy to get back to the cars, whether to end the ride, or just to drop a couple of people off.

It'd probably be a good idea to bring a sandwich or two, in case we have lunch on a trail in Red Hill.

I can give one person a lift, but they'll need to arrange it with me in advance.
I'll be leaving from and returning to St Ives.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could PM me your mobile numbers if you intend on coming. Mine is 0433397393.

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Shorty,

Will get in touch in the next 24 hours. My mate is keen to ride park...

Everybody else...

Arpit's pretty much hit it on the head with all the necessary details.

My mob's 0427960353 if anyone needs to get in touch.

Woody

SydneyRider

Likes Dirt
Shorty,

Will get in touch in the next 24 hours. My mate is keen to ride park...

Everybody else...

Arpit's pretty much hit it on the head with all the necessary details.

My mob's 0427960353 if anyone needs to get in touch.

Woody
no worries mate