Sydney to Tasmania road trip!

wonky1

Likes Bikes
Me and a mate are about to take off on a ridin tour from sydney to tasmania, straight down the east coast. What i am after is some suggestions on riding spots along the way and in tassie that will cater for dh/freeride and dj. i know that sharing trail info is a touchy subject but maybe a trade can be organised, show me yours and ill show you mine! The plan is to take a week to get to the ferry ridin, then spend a week in tassie ridin so if your keen to hook up for a ride and show some keen riders your local goodies drop me a line. cheers!

adman

Likes Dirt
Tassie has several REALLY good downhill trails, particularly in the south. Some are shuttle-able and some aren't. Be in Tassie for some of the ride days/races if you want shuttles, they are cheap and worth it.

For the list of Tassie events, click here.

As for Tolosa mountain bike park, down south, check out my thread on it here.

Drop us a line or Red Dog if you want a bit of a tour down in Hobart. Sweet as downhill trails such as the mountain, Clarence, Tolosa and if you want a flat one, the lea.

DJR

Likes Dirt
You have to get up to the top of Mt Wellington and do the Big Bend trail. Try pedalbite.com, they have heaps of trail maps and people should be able to help you out.

or if you want you can go hit up paloona. you can shuttle paloona.

or you could check out trevalin but trevalin aint that good, its ok but its not mind blowing.

but yeah, there's defnitly lots of DH'ing in hobart.

for dirt jumping. theres the windsor dirt jumps "not sure what thier like now"
and im sure that's lots of other spots to go dirt jumping.

adman

Likes Dirt
You have to get up to the top of Mt Wellington and do the Big Bend trail. Try pedalbite.com, they have heaps of trail maps and people should be able to help you out.
There are far better trails ont he Mountain than Big Bend... so much better.. and yea, I put the link the pedalbite int he previous post.