Sydney trails for a prodigal son

Tink

Cannon Fodder
Hi. I am based in the South-West of Sydney and I have heard there are some good trails in the Blue Mountains, around Campbelltown and in Sutherland. I am returning to mountain biking after an 8 year hiatus and plan to do mostly firetail and singletrack rides. I've done the Pines (Woodford to Glenbrook) a couple of times and really enjoyed it, but I'm looking for others.

I know of names like Oxford Falls, Red Hil, Appin, Kentlyn, Camden, Loftus-Heathcote and Menai/Reactor trails, but I don't know where the start points are. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tink

Tink

Cannon Fodder
Thanks Shrekmeister.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Those trails look awesome. Time to get the cycle pants on ....

Tink

Wolfbeard

Likes Bikes
Hey Tink,
Have you heard of Manly Dam?
There's also a whole heap of tracks in an area called the Cascades. There are a whole bunch of fire trails with some cool down hill parts and a whole heap of those humps that keep the water from eroding the track, which make for excellent jumps. But I am just a newbie, so my idea of cool, may be lame to you, and the track isn't incredibly technical.
Anyway, check out this site http://nobmob.com/rides/cascades for more info.

Tink

Cannon Fodder
Hi Wolfbeard,

Thanks for the link.

By the way, I don't think any off-road track would be lame. Off-road rocks! Besides, I've been out of the game for nearly 8 years, so I'm fairly certain of a spectacular stack if I jump straight back into high end technical tracks. I think I'll stick to the flowing stuff and close to the ground for a while.

Have fun

Tink