Sydney Uni Bike Soc

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello fellow Sydney University Students,
It has come to my attention that we need to revive the USYD mountain bike club. The club was formed a while back however due to circumstances unknown it no longer exists. After speaking with the director of student programs I feel a strong urge to get it back up and running. All we need is 20 members of the USU and we are sweet to go.

Benefits of being involved:
* $7000 a year to spend on mtn bike related things
* Show the USYD community that mtn biking is awesome
* Campus community for shuttles and riding with
* Free beer

So if you go to USYD give me a PM or post here, we need 20 members!

This is a link to the Bike SOC forum on "rotorburn" (wow that felt weird)
http://www.farkin.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there any free part time courses 19 of us can do so we can become members and buy $7ooo shuttle bus ? .

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
I go to USyd but live in newcastle, so probably wouldnt attend anything. If you need me as a number let me know though.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
His avatar just Pwned you.
Thank god it isn't holidays yet.

Just curious, as im in year 12 now and starting to think about Uni courses and degree's, etc.
Do many uni's have a mtb club, because if i was to go afar for my studies i think it'd be a good way to meet fellow cyclists.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
His avatar just Pwned you.
Thank god it isn't holidays yet.

Just curious, as im in year 12 now and starting to think about Uni courses and degree's, etc.
Do many uni's have a mtb club, because if i was to go afar for my studies i think it'd be a good way to meet fellow cyclists.
Most have "greeny" type cycle groups, i dont think many have mtb clubs though...

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it a USU or Sports Union club? Don't think I managed a life membership of the Union (probably didn't fill in the paperwork), but I am of the SU.

We always found it pretty easy to get the required number of sigs to make the Sports Union happy (this was for the ye olde Mountaineering & Rockclimbing clubs), but did that by setting up during O-week - but it is a little late for that now. :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
20 sigs? That's easy dude, just change your approach.

Rock into any lecture on campus and ask if anyone would like to join your "free beer drinking club".

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
I go to USyd, but I try and spend as little time as possible in that ugly hole, so prob won't attend beer drinking sessions. I'd gladly join up as a number though if it would help.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That would be awesome Grunted,

I think im going to stick some notes on mountain bikes around campus.