Sydney velodrome

shore_2

Likes Dirt
I am interested in doing some track riding in Sydney. I want to have a go before i consider racing. Does anyone know where there are any other velodrome besides Dunc Gray?
I heard that there are a few outdoor tracks.

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
.......are any other velodrome besides Dunc Gray?
????????????? are you kidding!!!that place is the luxury track of the century. it's inside, it's smooth and flat with no expansion joints, and it is sweeeeeet.
you can ride it anytime between 9.00am and 5.30pm daily. (and various other times which may include racing)
if you are unsure about racing then do what i did..........I just turned up and raced! i believe many others have done so before and after me. there are guys there between 7 and 70 years old. you won't win and you won't be the slowest. nothing to lose. unless you have a big crash of course.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Could have been worse - you could have had Matt Hynes ride over the top of you.

Alchemist - who'll be going off the front of the combine early again to avoid the carnage

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's true.

I'll second Fatnolds comments, just get out there and try it. If you are feeling a little aprehensive, and you have your own bike, go to Tempe Velodrome on a Monday or Wednesday night, around 6pm. Learning to ride the track at Tempe is a lot less intimidating than Dunc Gray, as it is longer, has shallower angles, and has a lot more grip than the timber of DGV. The downside is some grumpy old Olympic champion hanging about and dealing with Brad's second hand Winnie Red smoke, and political incorrectness.

bg851

Likes Bikes
Since your from Sydney south, Hurstville Oval may be your best bet? I think MOnday nights is when they go round in winter??? Contact St George Cycling club, or perhaps Bates Bikes?