Syncros front trail fender

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Anyone using one of these, if so how do you rate it?
Screenshot 2023-12-21 153032.jpg

Also, I am assuming it will fit a Marz Z1.....

Any other bolt on fenders that fit a Z1 that are worth a look in?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
View attachment 405533

Frank has got one on his Fox 36. Seems to work ok.

They had a bit of a reputation for getting ripped off if you caught a branch or got a tyre clagged with mud but I've not seen it be an issue in person.

Daggy as they are though, I still prefer the Marshguard-style ones with the added front "mustache" as I find they stop the tiny Youies sand grit/pebbles flicking up into my eyes better.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Thanks lads. Much appreciated. Not just have to wait until monday for the pushys/mtbdirect vouchers to roll in!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'v run one for years on a Fox 34 on the Trance. Mine is slightly crooked as I put the bike in the back of the car with the wheel off for an 8 hour trip and it bent it. It mostly bent back...

But apart from some user error its a neat solution and does pretty well at keeping mud off your face. I keep meaning to get another one as both bikes are Fox 34s...

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Thanks everyone.

Mostly I want it to keep the YYs quartz and granite stones off the stanchions.

No mtb shore vouchers this Xmas so just need to get busy using my hard earned cashola (and keeping it a secret from the missus)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Mostly I want it to keep the YYs quartz and granite stones off the stanchions.
They’re great but this is probably their weak point. Unlike the newer Fox fenders, or the classic Marsh Guard zip-tie style ones, they have no fixture to the fork lower and are cut well away from the stanchions so while they definitely keep shit out of your eyes, they don’t really keep it away from your dust wipers.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
View attachment 405533

McGoogle suggested RRP might also work? https://www.rapidracerproducts.com/products/mudguards/proguard-bolt-on.html

this could be worth a go?
A bracket that screws to bridge, and you cut n screw your choice of flat thing to it.. (am gonna test print it anyway)
1703417706409.png

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
McGoogle suggested RRP might also work? https://www.rapidracerproducts.com/products/mudguards/proguard-bolt-on.html

A bracket that screws to bridge, and you cut n screw your choice of flat thing to it.. (am gonna test print it anyway)
View attachment 405604
Yeah I had thought about machining up a bracket for a custom plastic whatever guard setup (no 3D printer unfortunately).

I will machine something up at some point, but need something asap. The amount of stones getting flung up into the stanchions by the pinner front tyre was cringe worthy last ride...

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Yeah I had thought about machining up a bracket for a custom plastic whatever guard setup (no 3D printer unfortunately).

I will machine something up at some point, but need something asap. The amount of stones getting flung up into the stanchions by the pinner front tyre was cringe worthy last ride...
am printing a couple to see how it fits, happy to send some for you to play with (anon addy/PObox if you like :) )
(lots of libraries have 3D printers these days and usually cheap to use)

dimensions attached, 1mm squares (section is through middle of mounting hole), red bits are approx hole locations for self tappers to hold the flexy bit on. adjust as required. heck, could rough one out of a thick plastic cutting board or maybe ply :)
1703422806679.png

Attachments

Last edited:

bigdamo

Likes Dirt

View attachment 405604
Opps yeah these RRP ones long is what I got not the mudhugger. Yes it works real well keeping small stones off the stanchions and definetly minimzes the dust on the fork seals thats why I keep the front mudguard on all the time. It fits well on my 29x2.6 tyre only downside is when little rocks/pebbles and small sticks go between the mudguard and tyre it sounds like crushing a coke can but you get used to it.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
printed bracket (not screwed on in pic)... some potential benefit of getting the flexy bit to really fit the arch of the crown, and is bolt on...but not much improvement really unless your tyres are a close fit and need to maximise clearance?

The ("DirtSurfer") flexi guard goes down a lot further + flares out at rear to protect seals/stanchions pretty well with just the zip ties due to curvature of the legs, but you could improve that shape more if cutting from sheet

bracket:
1703467189820.png

1703467232618.png

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone thinking of giving this style a go, don't bother.
Rear works well to keep crud out of Dropper and keep your bum dry.
But front is next to useless due to the large gap. Water and mud flys forward then back in your face at higher speeds.
Something the little guards like the syncros does very well to stop.
Screenshot_20231221_220324_Gallery.jpg