Syndicate replica V10 carbon #84 is not like the others!

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While you were unwrapping the socks and jocks your Gran gave you yesterday, Santa (my wife) gave me a new dh frame. I was literally speechless! So i spent the arvo in the garage stripping my old rig and swapping to the new hotness! These bikes were not available as a frame only but a good friend of mine is well connected with the Santa Cruz guys, so I got the frame from him @ Steed Cycles in North Vancouver.

Frame: Santa Cruz carbon V10 (large) SYNDICATE replica #84 of 100 made. running in 10" mode
Shock: Fox DHX RC4 Kashima coat
Fork: Fox 40
Brakes: Hope mono V2.
Bars and stem: Chromag Fubar OSX polished chrome and direct mount stem
headset: Cane creek angleset with 0.5degree cup installed.
hubs: Chris King F & R. red ones!
Cranks: Saint of course!
Guide: E 13 light guide and e 13 38 tooth ring
shifter/ derailier: sram X0
grips: Troy lee odi's
pedals: DMR vault
rims and tires: Mavic 729s and Minions
seat: Chromag Lynx DT
seatpost: some old crap I had laying around since my Thompson doesnt fit!

First rides today were a massive success, I think I'll need a bigger helmet to fit the grin I was wearing! I dont know if it was a case of "new bike confidence" but I was carrying way more speed out of corners than my old dh bike and gapped a few things by more than usual.

Attachments

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Havent seen a Syndicate replica. But dam that looks epic
Also looks like you had a bit of a wet ride.
Please tell me you had bought your wife something dam good!

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
She got a bike too! A GT hybrid though...and a few pairs of shoes and dresses. I actually bought the V10 a few weeks back and wasnt expecting it to be here until the end of february. Needless to say why I was speechless when she pulled it out- turns out our friends brother was coming out to Sydney for xmas here (they are canadian) and with a bit of persuasion in the form of cases of beer, here it is.

Had I waited 1 month when I got those forks, they would've been the first batch of Kashima 40's but at the time there was no mention of them coming to market yet. Gutted!
Yep, the trails here in Wollongong are still a bit wet in places so it has a healthy coating of mud. I shuttled today from 10am until 5pm. I would have kept on riding if I didnt have to eat/ sleep etc. too much fun!

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Looks even better in the flesh! Nice to ride with you mate, looking forward to the next gong sesh!

Would probably look nicer with a set of 888's though, just sayin...

Nath

Shredden

Knows his goats
Got any more pics of the workstand in the first pic? Looks exactly like the setup I want in the new house.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The workstand is available at your LBS through BikeCorp. Cant remember the brand but it is high-impact nylon and a hellava lot cheaper than a park tool one, comes in wall or bench mount styles. The stainless steel shelf i made from "borrowed" materials when I worked at Pt Kembla steelworks and the peg board can be had for a few bucks at Bunnings. I used to have a thick rubber mat on the floor under it all but my garage flooded in heavy rains a while back and I've not put it back in. Make sure you have a light directly above your workstand so you arent working in your own shadow.

Nath, Mega-shuttles are the ONLY way to ride! I'll stick with the 40's though...

Jase, dust of the old trailer, buddy- its been too long! Thredders would be sick.

RMB

Likes Dirt
Jase, dust of the old trailer, buddy- its been too long! Thredders would be sick.[/QUOTE]

Hey mate, im thinking about doing a day trip on the 7th, its a long day but way worth it, keen?