Front shock/fork - Fox FLOAT RLC FIT, tapered, QR15 axle, 140mm
Handlebars - Easton Haven
Stem - ABD Sniper
Headset - FSA
Grips - zero lock-on
Saddle - Zero Zealth
Seatpost - Easton
Brakes - Elixir R
Cranks - X9 (currently double, have single ring spider waiting)
Chainguide - LG1+ (unfitted)
Pedals - ABD Sniper
Front derailleur - X9
Rear derailleur - X0
Shifters - X9
Cassette - SRAM 12-36
Wheels - Easton Haven
Tyres - folding 2.35/2.50 Stick-E Nevegals
Tubes - Specialized Turbo
Total weight - 12.something kegs.

Yeah, I sold my Voltage FR for this. I'll be honest I ran out of time for shuttles. What can you say, these things are KICK ASS bicycles. Climbs like an XC bike, descends like an Enduro (without the rear end flex and lack of midstroke support). If I had to bemoan anything its the lack of ISCG. Stable, flex free, predictable and responsive, a joy to ride. Possibly the best mountain bike I have owned. AMB gave it 9/10 but all they could complain about was lack of dropper post cable routing.

Avanti, proving you don't need a boutique American made bike to ride AM, and that value for money doesn't mean buying something from the VERY LARGE company...

It may get a single ring - I have a renthal ring and E13 for that day - perhaps some wider bars (ABD Sniper 760mm or Renthal Fatbar), and should cop some Troy Lee x ODI grips ASAP.

Better pics to come.

Last edited:

needaride

Likes Dirt
Nice, everyone raves about these and they get good reviews from the mags.. may have to go on the wish list!

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good choice!

Remarkably similar to my AM ride, Torrent with ABD Sniper componentry. Don't happen to work at an A+ store too?

The Sniper bars are not a bad one (got them on mine), but they do have a fair degree of back sweep, so if that is not your thing...Took me a bit of getting used to.

Hopefully they add ISCG tabs in future, and think about a moulded chainstay protector. Those were the only pieces of advice I could give to improve the bike really!

floody

Wheel size expert
Not quite following there Will? Haha.Cheers though.

Yeah Rexy I oddjob at one. I could have bought many other bikes though, but this was just the perfect fit for me, from the moment we got our first one I knew I'd end up on one. Hmm if the bars are that sweepy I think I'll skip straight to the Renthals then, defs not into heaps of backsweep. ISCG and moulded protector would definitely be kick ass refinements.

Only thing I really don't love is the saddle, its a fricking arse buster. I think I'll have to go down the road and buy a new Phenom, as Joe customer :(.

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
Update!

-Renthal Fatbar
-36 max E13 LG1+ bb mount
-Renthal 4x104 36t chainring
-SRAM X0-DH 4X104 spider
-2.50 Nevegal front
-Zealth Sport saddle
-KS i950
-Troy Lee Design x ODI grips