tailwhip pose

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Posted this in 'Trail Building' for some kid who wants plans for building a foam pit, thought I might smash it in Phat Snaps too!

Foam pit. Its fun! made it by levelling the ground with bob cat, digging post holes for poles. the base was made of crates laid evenly over the whole 10m x 6m (60sqm) area with wood slats (to stop water touching the foam) on top of them for extra/even support for the tires that were laid on top of them. Next, mattresses spread out over the whole area followed by a sh*tload of foam received over the time spent planning and building. More bails have been added when needed.

And course a 2m wooden upramp is always helpful! especially when it gets graffitied with mandatory advertisement spam by the owner of Leaf Cycles Australia himself:p

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the owner of leaf sucks at graffiti ;)

but that looks sick!
good work

hmm... so little time and money so many places i want to ride.

krazy kid

Squid
dude is that yours man ???? if so how much did it set you back but if not where the Fuck is it???????

Awesome shots man, next time i want a triple flare!!!

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Triple flair wouldn't work, it would be a 540 triple backy.
Thank you for clarifying that, some kids clearly don't realise a flair is on a quarter...:rolleyes:

The location is Launceston, Tasmania if the location below my username was read properly...
The foam pit and trails, are on a mates land but I helped build the pit and kicka's and trails, and continue to ride, maintain and build new jumps there

The only cost's were the green shade cloth that we stretched around the foam pit, the tarpaulin and ply wood for kicka. The rest was picked up through contacts for free, such as crates, poles. Foam is from a local foam/upholsterer that gives us off cuts in big bails.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmm well, you should let me know if your ever havin a jam down there, so keen to ride anything other then north bowl atm