Tamborine riders!

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, dunno if this is the right section but anyway,

DONT NOT RIDE THE DUMP RUN!!

me and my mate were up there today and two national park rangers had a fair talkin to us about riding the DH and us not being on the guzeted road(fire road). He said we had better not be ridding it again today, because as of next week the whole land will be National Park as before it was state foest. they had been doin controlled fires this week.

The ranger said, their will be rangers at the bottom giving out $300 fines if you are caught riding the downhill.

cheers, nathan

flatbeat

Likes Bikes
dump run has been unridable for ages now and has needed work for months now >< its a real shame, i would love to do some work on it but its such a big drive for me to get there.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it was real good today, not as rough as it has been.

the ranger that was talkin two us said he had demolished all of the jumps, but we rode down and were like wtf? they are all still there and sick as

real shame to see a good track go:(

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Was there more then one track there? Was this the only good one? If it was I am so pissed never got to go there.

Cheers

sprocket

Likes Dirt
I have 2 tracks underway at the moment.... still about 6 months off finishing at least... put we need some rain....

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tip has been shut down so many times before. The National Park thing may make more of a difference. From what I remember from a couple years ago, when I looked into it. The run went in and out of the state forest (now National park) land, therefore it was really hard to shut down and force us not to ride it. The locals had a big petiton to keep the road open as it was a historical road for the mountain.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Tip has been shut down so many times before. The National Park thing may make more of a difference. From what I remember from a couple years ago, when I looked into it. The run went in and out of the state forest (now National park) land, therefore it was really hard to shut down and force us not to ride it. The locals had a big petiton to keep the road open as it was a historical road for the mountain.
The other track is nat park too though isn't it? How come it hasn't been closed?

Jammo

Likes Dirt
Bush rangers giving fines for riding a mountainbike in a national park is preety low. fair enough while there back burning but its not liek anyone gives a shit if there are mountainbikes in there and if u get hit by a 4wd its you own stupid fault obviously didnt jump high enough.

joshrides

Likes Dirt
I have seen this issue before, with my local track going from private land to the governments, they pretty much told me if you want to be able to ride on it, get a mountain bike club involved and go see the government with a proposal of what you can do to the trails + a group to maintain them etc.. im sure the same should apply here.

Duckman

Likes Bikes
Well this just sucks, i reckon (hope) it will not be shut down. What really gets on my goat is that the goverment love to have a big cry about half the nation being fat and lazy, then they go shut down all the mountain bike tracks. This all makes no sense what so ever, its almost as bad as Brisbane city town planners, dear lord they are a hopeless bunch of idiots :(