Tasmanian Gravity Enduro Series 2015

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
10703876_368113806687183_5529406400137498438_n.jpg

Hey All,

After a few months of planning and shifting ducks in align, we are pleased to announce the first Tasmanian Gravity Enduro Series, starting in 2015!

We've been quietly digging away down here in Tassie over the last few years as you might be aware. There is an ever expanding trail network in the South, lots going on in the North / West + the $4.3m investment in the development of 100km of trails and infrastructure in the North / East of Tassie, so we think the timing is about right!

I'm really keen to hear your feedback as to what it would take to get you and your mates down in Tassie for a short series next year?? Our commitment is to create some fun races, on a wide variety of tracks around the state, both practice and race days + a few surprises along the way. But this is only one part of the equation!

From a travellers point of view, what are the important things that make interstate events accessible & attractive? Just from my limited experience it's transport costs / availability, locality of other support services (pubs in particular!) and the timing of events. I know that for the elite guys a healthy prize pool would be a must also!

Cheers in advance and look forward to keeping you all updated and planning progresses. (Never mind the interim event logo... My Illustrator skills are bloody shocking!)

Facebook Page Link & Website will be up soon.

Matt

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm keen to see how this pans out. I think Gravity Enduro would really take off, bringing people from both XC and downhill.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
We have competed in the Australian Gravity Enduro series this year these are a few of the things that I think were done right at various rounds and a few things that should have been done.
- Catering and a beer for entrants at the end of the race
- Variety and balance of tracks both on the day and across the series
- Detailed event and course information/maps/GPS/videos available before entries even open
- Unique and quirky trophies for podium places
- Close to major transport hubs for accommodation/van hire
- Accurate and reliable timing system

At the end of the day I feel the best events are those that are run with a local flavor and maintain a relaxed atmosphere.

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
People have called me lots of things in the past... Sober is not one of them!!

We have competed in the Australian Gravity Enduro series this year these are a few of the things that I think were done right at various rounds and a few things that should have been done.
- Catering and a beer for entrants at the end of the race
- Variety and balance of tracks both on the day and across the series
- Detailed event and course information/maps/GPS/videos available before entries even open
- Unique and quirky trophies for podium places
- Close to major transport hubs for accommodation/van hire
- Accurate and reliable timing system

At the end of the day I feel the best events are those that are run with a local flavor and maintain a relaxed atmosphere.
Thanks heaps for the feedback and totally agree with all of the above. We have some unique places down here and involving the local community & businesses will be really important to us.

Fattrax

Likes Bikes
Good luck with the series.

I just have to say, that brochure font is so Answer racing from the late 80's/early 90's. I love it!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
People have called me lots of things in the past... Sober is not one of them!!

Thanks heaps for the feedback and totally agree with all of the above. We have some unique places down here and involving the local community & businesses will be really important to us.
I was really looking forward to the Tassie round that was proposed for the Australian Gravity Enduro series this year and it was a little disappointing when it got canned, so I will keep an eye out here and try and get down for one of these.