tassie trip easter

crim 87

Likes Dirt
hey guys prob heading to Tassie over Easter will be doing a bit of riding and hopefully some fishing to. just wondering if anyone had any info on where to stay what to see and things like that also the best trails to ride are. I will def be going to Blue tier and Derby as-well as Hollybank and the north south track. can anyone recommend whether clarence mtb park is worth a visit or not ?? cheers guys

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally, I think you could easily miss Clarence. Things I would do instead: Kate Reed and Trevallyn in Launceston and Penguin if you get up north. Ben Lomond if you can find someone to guide you (don't go it alone). There's also a cool ride to the beach near Coles Bay that goes out to Friendly Beach, not the ride so much, just an awesome location. Easter aint gonna be long enough to do it all...

Of all the rides, the North South is the one to put at the top of your list IMO.

Check out tassietrails.org if you need directions or further info.

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'd be happy to show you the trails around the Dial Range behind Penguin if I'm free around that time. Nice old school riding!

Will31

Likes Bikes
Clarence (Meehan range) is definitely worth a visit, the cliff top track above the bike park has one of the best views of Mt Wellington and Hobart you're likely to find. The full Meehan has a good mix of climbing and descending if that's your thing.

Look for Meehan Range MTB, Meehan Range Trail Groomers and Hobart MTB Rides on f-book for more information on riding in Hobart.

rone

Eats Squid
Personally, I think you could easily miss Clarence.
This is wrong

Clarence (Meehan range) is definitely worth a visit, the cliff top track above the bike park has one of the best views of Mt Wellington and Hobart you're likely to find. The full Meehan has a good mix of climbing and descending if that's your thing.

Look for Meehan Range MTB, Meehan Range Trail Groomers and Hobart MTB Rides on f-book for more information on riding in Hobart.
This is right

Doggy

Inconceivable!
I was down at Launceston at Xmas and was riding around there. Hollybank was awesome fun, you can shuttle it or ride back up but fist that. You can shuttle half the track at about 6km long or do the full track at around 11km. Also rode around Trevallyn which was also good and nice and close to town

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You haven't said what riding you like Crim. Down, or Up and Down
Either way, NS for sure, and Glenorchy (the base of NS).
If you do the ride up at Coles Bay then make sure you have someway of cleaning your drivetrain. Used to work at Swanwick, and do that ride very regularly.
I'll be checking out Blue Derby next time I am down, and Trevallyn as well.
I like Clarence, kind of what the trails in South Hobart and Lenah Valley used to be like, steep and natural. Not too many built features, but still techy enough in its own right.
Al..

crim 87

Likes Dirt
thanks heaps guys i don't mind riding up as long as it's rewarded with a nice decent. i like tracks with jumps , berms , gaps , technical rocky sections to test my self i enjoy all tracks as long as they flow pretty well so i've def locked in Blue Tier , Clarence , hollybank , North south and Derby. are the locations you've mentioned close to these tracks ?? also anyone got any local knowledge on the fishing i know there's plenty of trout about