Tathra MTB Enduro APRIL 22, 2012 UPDATE

Yes, It's been raining down in Tathra.

We've done a track inspection today. Wet - but not flooded or event fatal.
Most tracks are on the hill, water drains - and there are some puddles at the bottom.

Rest assured we have no intention of riding on wet or dangerous tracks. It creates too much track damage for us to mend. And too much costly damage for riders.

We are having another track inspection tomorrow morning. Weather is clearing and the forecast (if you put any faith in BOM) is drizzle clearing tonight. Fine for Saturday and Sunday. Plus some drying winds.

I will post an update around 10am .

If you are heading down to Tathra on Friday - we have closed the singletrack to keep it smicko for the race.

Please, please, please don't ride it and ruin it for others.

There's plenty of fire road - if you want a pre-race hitout. Drop in at Tathra Beach and Bike for directions.

Otherwise we are all excited about Sunday!
Happy trails.....

Tathra Enduro GO GO GO

We have dodged a WET bullet down in Tathra.

The Tathra MTB Enduro is a GOER.

The Sun is shining. It's 24 degrees.

The single track is damp but good. (We've walked it all this morning)
We have closed tracks for riding today - to preserve them for the race.

The rain has meant some course modification - as we have lost 6km of low lying land that wound around the Bega River. It's ooozing water - and we are conducting a MTB race not TOUGH MUDDER so it's gone, gone gone!

There are some puddles and the creek crossings in the 100k are up - and dropping.

However we've added some other single track.

THIS MEANS the Bridges and Evil Tom are back. However they are at the front end of the 50k and 100k courses. (Before you get tired!)

The 20k race will also encounter the heart starting Evil Tom climb - but NO bridges.

We are going out now with the rakes and bunting ribbon.

Any questions - post them below.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

chokolatrush

Likes Bikes
Maps

Hi there,

Like a good little vegemite i was reading through and printing off the indemnity form and it mentions needing a map (for 100k riders) that will be available on the website...can't see 100 k maps on site.:concern:

Elsewhere

Cannon Fodder
Tathra Enduro

Hi there,

Like a good little vegemite i was reading through and printing off the indemnity form and it mentions needing a map (for 100k riders) that will be available on the website...can't see 100 k maps on site.:concern:
The 100km is the 50 loop plus 50km of mainly fire trail in the area north of the Bega river. If you search "Goats Knob" rd you should get the location of the main fire trail out that way which takes you to from Mogareeka to Dr George Mountain (I think about 400m above sea level). Then theres a loop to the north and back to Goats knob rd. Kinda ironic that the 50km ride is referred to as "goats knob" but it doesn't go anywhere near Goats Knob Rd. I think the name is a remnant of last years race where the 50 did go out to Dr George. I guess at this late stage there's not likely to be a map of the 100km, but we'll see.

maps

arghhhh

the bain of our lives.

Sorry. There will be a map at rego tommorrow.

Because of course changes - we've been had some troubles with this.

COURSE UPDATE - NO BRIDGES FOR 50k AND 100K

Tathra Enduro course Update - We've had some competitor feeback about use of the bridges - which some people find intimidating.

As a result - we have CUT them.

Not BRIDGES for 50k or 100k.

We want you to have fun.

RE: MAPS
Maps will be placed at Rego and at drink stations. You won't get lost. It's all bunted.
Obviously we've fallen down at the website

Elsewhere

Cannon Fodder
No bridges?

Tathra Enduro course Update - We've had some competitor feeback about use of the bridges - which some people find intimidating.

We want you to have fun.

Maps will be placed at Rego and at drink stations. You won't get lost. It's all bunted.
I think the bridges are fun. surely most who have built the fitness to ride 100km have also developed the skills to drop onto the bridges? seems a shame to not include Tathra's best downhill trail. anyone who's intimidated can walk down, don't want sound like a winger, I know you guys doing your best with tricky weather/trail situation.

Rambler

Likes Dirt

We want you to have fun.

I can't do the race this year although I did it last year. It was a great event with fantastic singletrack. A large part of the reason that the singletrack was so memorable were the bridges. I have to agree with elsewhere on this one. If you can't ride it, walk it. Many people travel large distances to get to to Tathra. They want to ride the best singletrack available. They need to be in for next year! (Please!)

Last edited:

Handekk

Likes Dirt
Any pics

Are there any pictures from the event? I saw a lot of people with cameras but not sure if there was going to be any official photographers.:02.47-tranquillity: