Tdu 09

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Can anyone get the live coverage on the website to work?
http://live.tourdownunder.com.au/

It's not working for me, but it could be because of the work firewall.

Edit: working now, just slow on the updates I think.
I think its your firewall... works well for me. I can post the transcript if you like..

I have to say I dont normally watch road cycling, but have been watching the highlights package and following the race on the live.tourdownunder.com.au link.. and Im enjoying the racing !

Lube

Likes Dirt
Just wondering, does anybody know if Lance is going to auction his one-off custom trek madone frame after the TDU? Sorta makes sense if he did, good way to raise money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. No doubt someone is willing to fork out big bucks for it....
I got informed they were auctioning it off, starting price 18,000 buckaroos. Contact Trek Australia for more details.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
I have to say, it was a pretty boring race (the whole tour). there were a few breakaways that never got far enough away to have a chance to win, the sprints werent intersesting, the hill climbs werent covered well, i just didnt find it exciting.

what did you guys think?

forgetfulfungus

Likes Bikes
lance photos

got some great up close shots of the man himself.
the aussies were riding alot stronger though i thought, esspecially the UniSA guys, they were in so many of the break aways!
why can't sydney be as bike friendly as Adelaide, i'm so jealous

Attachments

alexb618

Likes Dirt
I have to say, it was a pretty boring race (the whole tour). there were a few breakaways that never got far enough away to have a chance to win, the sprints werent intersesting, the hill climbs werent covered well, i just didnt find it exciting.

what did you guys think?
most of us have just accepted that its just the way it always has to be here

january is too early to put anything too tough into the race so the breakaways never have a chance to get going

it will always be a race where people try to get away and are reeled in for a mass sprint finish, usually by the australians who are in form after the nationals, or by a b grade euro 'quasi sprinter' who actually trained over the winter and wants to get his name out there

the big names will continue to show up here but will just use it to get some racing miles in the legs

setonz

Likes Dirt

what did you guys think?

Get off your lazy arse, get over there and stand on the side of the road like we did for all 6 stages and tell me it wasn't exciting!

dh911

Likes Bikes
I think it's a great opportunity for the younger aussie up and coming riders (cue cam meyer, bobridge, sulzberger etc) to get their names out there and kick start their year with a good tour. I'm just grateful that we at least have such an event like this, and hopefully things can only get bigger and better in the years to come.

chuck_

Likes Dirt
got some great up close shots of the man himself.
the aussies were riding alot stronger though i thought, esspecially the UniSA guys, they were in so many of the break aways!
why can't sydney be as bike friendly as Adelaide, i'm so jealous

look at his legs what a beast