Tech Street RIDING in Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Radministrator
I think there's enough demand now to start a new thread for people who actually want to meet up for street rides. Granted, I personally won't be involved in a lot of them due to work/time commitments, but I also don't want to see the continuing trend of idiots organising "meet up and be fuckheads to people gatherings" under the pretence that they're street rides. In the strongest and most obvious terms to the idiots involved in these capers; fuck you guys, you make those of us who can actually ride look like we're as retarded as you are, we don't want you within 10km of these rides, piss off and die in a hole.

Who these rides are for:
  • People with either street/jump hardtails or BMXs.
  • People who want to ride said bikes and perform technical tricks on them on the street.
  • People who want to learn street skills, we don't care if you don't know how to bust out huge tricks yet, but we don't want people who are just going to stand / sit around and never try anything.
  • People who are mature enough not to abuse security guards, cops or random passers-by.
  • People who are allowed out at night, which is indisputably the optimum time for street riding.
  • Again - People who actually want to ride their bikes.

Who these rides are not for:
  • Townhillers - People with downhill bikes who just want to huck stairs / toilet block roofs to flat.
  • Stupid fuckwit kids who think that abusing people is the height of wit and humour.
  • People who aren't allowed out at night for whatever reason, the night is for street, the day is for parks and jumps. Understand this.
  • People who aren't willing to at least have a go and maybe even fall off and hurt themselves, we ALL started somewhere, we're not going to abuse you if you crash trying to progress your skills.
  • Shitheads who think it's fun to try and kill possums by running them over. :rolleyes: woo.

Other things to think about:
  • As a street venue, the CBD is ordinary-to-shit. Too much security / police presence and not really that many good spots to session. There are lots of places that remain unexplored beyond its boundaries that we should consider checking out. Don't be afraid to suggest a ride that isn't "Meet in KGS, ride the city, ride over to Southbank, go home." Even if we go somewhere and find NOTHING, at least we know where not to look next time. If transport is a problem, I have a van and can take 4 other riders with bikes if needs be. If you can help with transport, give a shout out.
  • Most of the riders who are going to be interested in these rides are either school-goers or workers with day-jobs. Weeknights are generally not going to be a good time for these people.
  • This is also a good place to organise park/jump days if you want a crew who are actually going to ride.

So, I'm throwing this open, make some suggestions for a time and place to meet up if you fit these criteria, this Friday night would be good but I'm not going to suggest a venue because I want to hear some other people's thoughts.

Last edited:

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good, this is the stuff....

I personaly like southbank, lots of abubacas and techy/trialsy stuff, I'm not too sure about the rest of the city though....but I do know of some random places tat I might never be able to find again. As such it would be good to have more experianced brisbane riders come.

I also feel that smaller groups are better because otherwise security will start getting suss on us and will be less tolerant, we also need to not impinge adveresly on the general public by maby......riding down the mincom elevator while there are a shitload of trolls around, yes it was cool, but it was recless. [/rant]

In sumary, this could be a good thing if its organized proporly and only peple who want to ride (RESPONSEBLY) come. I think we should keep on meeting at KGS and going from there, unless the numbers get too big.

Lets get tis thing going!

Last edited:

Drew.

Eats Squid
Yew. Sick, 'bout time.

This Friday is a no go for me. I have my reasons. But next Friday should be cool as a cucumber. Starting time. Hm. 6:30? That's about the right time, gives 30 mins to warm up and all that then hit it up at 7:00? Then finish whenever. I reckon meet at KGS, because everyone knows where that is, and pritty much central to everything. If you don't know where that is then you're fucked.

Um so yer, Next Friday I should be in. Couple mates on BMX and shit will be down for it, too (3-4). The more the better!

Word up.

edit: DR, if you respect security and don't go off at them every time they kick you out it should be cool. Majority of the spots arn't patrolled anyway, Besides, you can usually get in, hit it up and get out before you get busted. A large group is much better in terms of physce up/progressing, And definantly should be encouraged.

Yeah South bank is good. I was eyeing up some new stuff whilst walking in the city today, too. :-/

Last edited:

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Sounds good, Ill see when i can come out with you guys, I usually ride with a few other people that i organize myself so i don't have to put up with people making our sport and enjoyment a total waist of time by going out to purposefully piss people off...

For the last 4-5 months(Possibly more), have been riding around solely looking for new street spot out side of the CBD, found some really good stuff out Breakfast creek all through the Valley and out around the out skirts of new farm outer south bank and west end and other surrounding suburbs.

So im up for it!

flognoffsky

Banned
As your bicthin some of us cant go hard out at the moment due to injury or lack of bike... we still want to come out and cacth up with friends but the guys who come with us still pull some big stuff u just piss off before it gets good.

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not really on topic, are there lights at paddo? never realy looked....or is it posible to ride at night time in the light from the streets?
Would anyone want to do it or am I just dreaming...

I'm pretty sure there arn't any lights there...but who'd want to ride there, let alne at night?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
okay i know this isn't about tech street riding (i cant ride tech street for shit), but at least here it will actually get read by real riders...

since the race at canungra on sunday has been postponed, would anyone be keen for a day/afternoon at Ferny?

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
I'll submit to the city this Friday if that's what people are keen for, be good to meet some crew and see who's legit. We already know Drew's not legit so it's no biggie if he can't make it ;) Southbank side, I have a killer curved wall to show you, curved wall is 'teh win!'

Seriously though, if it's going to be city riding every week I'm not interested.

Assuming that the weather holds out, next Friday I'd be keen to hit up a session that went something like Jindalee skatepark -> Jindalee High (street) -> Sumners road commercial district (street). If crew are keen but don't have cars, I could pick you up and drop you back at a train station along the Ipswich line, Toowong/Taringa/Indooroopilly being the easiest.

The back bowl / quarter section of Paddo is rideable at night from the lights on Hale Street. Depending on if the lights are on from the toilet blocks, the two funboxes and the bank are rideable too.

Last edited:

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Might have to give this a miss, another party.

Will be keen for next week friday if work permits.

Ryan

Radministrator
Nope, this one is at the north-western corner of Southbank TAFE, smooth as a babies bottom / your sisters minger. Ask p.street, he knows what's up with it.

There's also a brand new, MTB-only curved wall on the new stretch of the bicentennial bikeway approximately around Park Road. Tried hitting it on my BMX and got 10 different types of owned. Big wheels will however show it what's up in a serious manner.

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Ahh I know the one at the tafe... Super smooth but pretty damn hard on a MTB if it is the one im thinking of (Rather tight)

Ryan

Radministrator
Template time for our uber cool thread.

Ride type:Street jib yo!
Date:Friday, February 2nd
Where are we meeting?KGS
When:6:30 for a 7:00 depart
Where are we riding?City, Southbank, outer city (Valley, New Farm/Commercial road etc) come prepared to do some pedalling.
Who's in? Ryan, derelikt, M.artin and his crew?, p.street, Disturbed.rider?

Ryan

Radministrator
Thoughts on the weather guys? Hasn't rained out Toowong way since midday-ish and the weather radar looks to be clearing...that makes it dry enough in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.