Tell em he's dreaming

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
This one been on ebay for months. Bonus laughs for how he lists a bicycle blue book entry that shows the bike at about one tenth the starting price.

Also "current driver licence details will be recorded prior to inspection". Fair enough, you never know when you're going to get rolled for all those sweet sweet 20 year old used entry level mtb components.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1995-DBR...esponse-CM-racing-mountain-bike-/321897455663

Kind of cool, but I wouldn't pay $50 for it tbh.

stirk

Burner
A comedian at work.

"Owner had stopped riding after contracting hayfever & bike has since been in storage for 20 years. Bike is stored indoors at room temperature inside my living-room under a 100% cotton cover”

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
A comedian at work.

"Owner had stopped riding after contracting hayfever & bike has since been in storage for 20 years. Bike is stored indoors at room temperature inside my living-room under a 100% cotton cover”
Hayfever is a killer. I've been so close to putting my bike into storage over mine (luckily Telfast seems to stop it....). Except I'd want to build a vacuum chamber in my livingroom first so I could evacuate all the air out of it first before I put my bike in. Do you think the threadcount is important when selecting a cotton cover?

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
ha...soon as i started reading i thought this might be this db.
2.5K....and its been relisted for maybe the last 3 months or so....
love the $900 parts/labour bill included in the sale...from 12 years ago?
gotta love ebay :p

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Prick rejected my offer of $7.55 plus $23.35 and a box of Zirtec for the 100% cotton cover.

stirk

Burner
Hayfever is a killer. I've been so close to putting my bike into storage over mine (luckily Telfast seems to stop it....). Except I'd want to build a vacuum chamber in my livingroom first so I could evacuate all the air out of it first before I put my bike in. Do you think the threadcount is important when selecting a cotton cover?
I don't dispute it i'm developing it myself lately, I'm laughing because the word contracting is normally paired with a contagious disease/illness not an allergy such as hayfever. Higher thread count would trap more spores.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is this a repost from the douchebag of the day thread?

edit: Love the detail about getting a service...12 years ago.

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Fucking typical, i was going to offer him a great deal on his Aluminium alloy workstand!..pity its not for sale, must be too expensive-as its constructed from the official material that the TDF mechanics use for their workstands!
he also quite rightly pointed out the the marzocchi shock/fork were made in Italy, albiet poorly! but the rest of the bike components were probably made in Taiwan to a much higher standard

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
Holy crap, the bar ends on that kona are massive! Gotta love different ideas of 'top of the range'... Deore? Dreamin'