Tension seekers and ss disk hub (mtb)

Tom_405

Likes Dirt
Tension seeker
Hey, i want to make my bike ss and i have verticle dropouts. I was told in gold cross that dmr has a new tension seeker out and instead of a spring it has a bolt so u can lock the chain in place its called the simple tension seeker http://www.dirtworks.com.au/site/pdf/41_DMR.pdf down the bottom.
has any one have one of these that they can coment on or do they no anything about it. i am also open to sugestions on other tension seekers.

single speed disk hub (mtb)
i am looking for a rear single speed disk hub, my lbs has a tuff neck ss hub for mtb has anyone heard anyhting about them, and does any one no any other hubs. in arund the $100 range

DRUM

Likes Dirt
DMR revolver singlespeed + ACS freewheel + DMR simple tensioner

check out the rennen chain tensionor, its pretty much the same design so you should be able to get some reviews.

naz

Criminally Inane
tuffneck hub, shadow conspiricy half link chain, no need for a tensioner..

Tom_405

Likes Dirt
where could i get a shadow consipracy half link chain in melbourne and by the way i can get brand new tuff neck ss hub for $90 and how much does a half link chain cost?

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
Forget all of that tensioner and get a White Industries ENO disc hub.About $250-260 at Malvern cycles. I know it is a bit pricey, so mightnot be an option. Just a suggestion.

Ryan

Radministrator
Half link chains are just a trendy wank for kids who just *have* to have the latest piece of cool gear. A single half link on a regular chain will give you all the benefits of a half-link chain and cost approximately 1/100th of the price.

craigb

Likes Dirt
ive used a couple of single speed setups on my bikes and the excentric hub is the best setup if you budget allows it go check it out at shifterbikes.com

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Any hub but the Tuffneck- they are not impressive. Poor quality build, poor design, poor materials. The DMR hub looks awesome for the $$$, and now with the built in IS mount it should be the best thing going.