thanks to everyone involved on the bushfire endro

thematrix

Likes Dirt
Hi folks.
I know it has already been said but I have been away with work and not on the board.
Really great effort from all the clubs, sponsors and all the riders.
Mt bike riders are a generous lot.
At last count $37 000 dollars.

The Victorian mountain bike Clubs and bike industry raise $37,000 for Victorian Bush fire relief fund.
The 6 hour Endro and Super D slalom race run on Sunday the 15th of Feb raises $37,000 for the bush fire relief fund.
The race was organized in six days and
all money collected on the day, from entry fees, T-shirts, coffees and raffles went to the relief fund. Many bike industry companies, and related services industries donated goods and services which were either Auctioned put into a Super big bike raffle or help run the event. The Mountain bike community was amazed at the generous donations and also with the number of raffle tickets sold.

A minutes silence was held at the start of the race to remember all the lives lost however the most poignant part of the day was when a Mt Bike rider Spoke about loosing his home, bikes and all his possessions. A prize pack was donated to him. He said that many Victorians knew people affected and the best thing people could do for those that had lost everything was to replace the memories they had lost. By either burning a CD of there favorite music's, or copying any photos they had, they had. He was touched and appreciative of the event.

It was a fantastic day of community support.
All Victorian clubs would like to thank the service providers, bike industry companies and organizesation for all their donations.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this by far the best events i have been too... everyone was so willing to give to the appeal... the organiser's put on a great day and should deserve an pat on the back:)