Thats what happens when you treat a moto like a downhill bike..

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wearing full armour, WR450F landed on my leg after hitting a loose rock and over the hangers at about 50 - 60km/h. Fractured fibia and tibula, clavicle and some possible fractures in my foot. this xray is two and a half weeks after the accident.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ooooh that must of hurt, whats the recovery time, when can you get back on the bike

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Until yesterday I was in a cast, not on crutches for another four weeks. After that slowly starting to walk again, will be around 12 weeks by the time I can start to ride again. :(

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Until yesterday I was in a cast, not on crutches for another four weeks. After that slowly starting to walk again, will be around 12 weeks by the time I can start to ride again. :(
Sorry to hear about that! Welcome to the life of having a foriegn object in your body!:D

Ivan

Eats Squid
I hope that plate in your leg isn't permanent!? I know permanent rods are fun destroyers.

Last edited:

kyle brown

Likes Bikes
Shit Jamie hope you get better soon. I know how much getting a plate sucks had to get one put in my collarbone and still can't ride for at least another 2 months :mad:

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Of course I'll ride again, but will be a little more hesitant on motos..
the nail and screws are permanent, unless the fibula doesnt knit properly, in which case they'll take out the top screw so the bone will compress.

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
will be around 12 weeks by the time I can start to ride again. :(
With that break I would say around 4-5 months before you hop back onto the DH bike. Mine is probably half as bad and im out for around 5 months.

Hell Devo on the break though, prove me wrong, get well in 3 months!
Tom.

DRIBS

Likes Dirt
Sorry to hear about that! Welcome to the life of having a foriegn object in your body!:D
I just received my membership as well. 3 anchors in my shoulder and my biceps tendon shortened and wired back onto my bone. Freaking reconstructions, don't leave much time for riding.