The 12 Speed XTR Yeti Project

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Starting a couple of fresh builds for 2018/19 riding season. This'll be on new Shimano XTR 12 when it lands and once I've moved the current steed, will potentially build my 1st 29er(maybe).

Will post proper template and build photos when complete.

2018 Yeti SB6 TURQ/Fox Factory 36 160mm

Unboxed2.jpg

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Gunna be shit. Sucks to be you.

Not.
Was funny to hear the wife(banker) in the other room... "Baby did you just spend a shit load of money?" "Yeah baby, but I just sold a bike." Little does she know the new one is bare. Good thing the build kit might not be available before mid to late September. Then, it will suck to be me.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Was funny to hear the wife(banker) in the other room... "Baby did you just spend a shit load of money?" "Yeah baby, but I just sold a bike." Little does she know the new one is bare. Good thing the build kit might not be available before mid to late September. Then, it will suck to be me.
"Sorry baby, we have been the victims of identity theft, someone took 6800 bucks from my account. Yeah, the bank is working on it"

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
"Sorry baby, we have been the victims of identity theft, someone took 6800 bucks from my account. Yeah, the bank is working on it"
Pulled the old "the sold bike money'll be back in the bank soon" stunt a few times. Never made it. Turned into much wanted bike bling. She eventually laughs it off because she loves me.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
My missus never asks how much, she only wants to make sure that there is one bike leaving the household whenever a new one comes in !

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Much better spent on bikes than going up the nose........ “would you rather this me get this or a deviated septim, your choice princess!!”

Gonna be a cracker build, that new xtr rear hub has me moister than an oyster. Sweet silent drag free goodness.........

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Much better spent on bikes than going up the nose........ “would you rather this me get this or a deviated septim, your choice princess!!”

Gonna be a cracker build, that new xtr rear hub has me moister than an oyster. Sweet silent drag free goodness.........
Those were the only things I didn't pre-order..... Much deliberation, and ended up with a good price on Enve/240 combo and another pre-order on the Micro Spline driver.

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
My missus never asks how much, she only wants to make sure that there is one bike leaving the household whenever a new one comes in !

She knows I like to perform complete rebuilds regularly and has been with me for a decade in which time she's witnessed many between bike moments. The house rule is there must always be two seemingly identical(to her) bikes at all times or this dude may rage/pout/mope/annoy.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Why would you bother with old-school, usurped technology when the new stuff has already been previewed??????

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Those were the only things I didn't pre-order..... Much deliberation, and ended up with a good price on Enve/240 combo and another pre-order on the Micro Spline driver.
Really? Damn, the freewheel and the 11sp hub with wider flanges is what got me excited about xtr. I was hoping for some real world feedback.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Has anyone done the weight comparison between Rohloff and these mega cassettes and derailleurs? Sorry to go off on a tangent.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
If you spend mega dollars on these huge cassettes, they are quite light.

Shimano’s XTR 10-51 is 367g, the 10-45 12spd would be a touch lighter still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk