The !2010! Thread

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i never get sick of anything transition or santa cruz. whats the actual difference between the driver and v10 frames???

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i never get sick of anything transition or santa cruz. whats the actual difference between the driver and v10 frames???
2 inches of travel.
maybe a few little geo things, although i wouldnt be suprised if it was the same geo :rolleyes:

ullysses

Likes Dirt
Driver 8: 8'' travel, beefier, heavier and 1.5'' Head Tube. More freeride orientated.

V10: 10'' travel and more DH orientated geometry etc.

(someone please correct me if i am wrong)

^^^^^ Beat me to it.

Last edited:

Kezza dawG

Likes Dirt
if that is a carbon spring how does it work like isnt carbon not bendy and when it does it brakes??
im gunna go with it being a steel or ti spring with a fancy paint job...

altho i have noticed the coil is square instead of round.
whether it has any effect on the poundage or performance is what i wana know....

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
if that is a carbon spring how does it work like isnt carbon not bendy and when it does it brakes??
Carbon flexes, look in one of the carbon threads in the DH section, theres a video of it doing so. And it only breaks when flexed past a certain point, which i doubt a spring would, and flex can be created by the shape of an object, so if shaped correctly you may be able to get more flex out it that way.

ullysses

Likes Dirt
Carbon Spring. Looks dam cool:D. More to the point will the performance differ from a normal Steel or Titanium one? Also what is the weight difference between the Carbon and Titanium?

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
So do we know if its a carbon spring or just a paint job?

My question is has carbon fibre been used as a spring before? like in other applications?

floody

Wheel size expert
Corvettes use fibreglass leaf springs, in a similar example. I have no doubt with the right technology carbon fibre could be used as a spring medium.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Similar to what floody is saying about the Corvettes, the carbon in these athletes legs is used to act as a spring when they run.