The 4X thread.

camtb

Likes Dirt
Matt, you should just get some mtb cranks, theirs less messing around and will end up cheaper, you can get a set of SLX cranks for 140 with chainrings+bashy and bb.

You know how you were looking for a frame? Have a look at the dartmoor 4X frames, they seem to be pretty cheap and the phantom is super light. +they look sick ;)

birdman

Likes Dirt
ok so i'll just get mtb cranks another thing i would like to know is if its posible to cut the top three sprockets of a solid casset with a hacksaw or something like that as my top three sprockets are rooted and i want get the gear i normaly use (6th) in the middle to keep a good chain line

cheers, matt

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok so i'll just get mtb cranks another thing i would like to know is if its posible to cut the top three sprockets of a solid casset with a hacksaw or something like that as my top three sprockets are rooted and i want get the gear i normaly use (6th) in the middle to keep a good chain line

cheers, matt
You can just undo them with an allen key mate. There's usually a tiny little one running through the fixed together cogs, from the back.

4X Hubs

Hey,

What would be a good hub for 4x? I have some ideas but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not concerned about the price right now, just trying to get some ideas.

Thanks,

Dan

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If money is no problem, dt swiss 240. Otherwise nukeproof is good, or halo supadrive.
Some people really like hope too, personally im not a fan as i've experienced some problems with their freehubs.

Im running nukeproof on my light wheels and a sun ringle abbah (great hub but heavy!) on my other wheels.

Brodie10

Likes Bikes
4x build

ok so the STP is getting a rebuild for the 4x season

so far...

XT wheels and cranks
105 or ultegra derallieur
9 spd ultegra cassette
saint l/h shifter
blkmrkt badaboom bars
thompson stem
keeping the argyle forks for now

questions are
front chainring? how many teeth?
chainguide?

darsh

Likes Dirt
help

Can you guys please recommend me a new rear wheel for a chameleon?
Have destroyed my Easton Havoc :)() and am looking for a replacement. If anyone just happened to have a rear easton havoc they're not using that would be smashing:rolleyes:
So.....something strong/light/fast and not too pricey
Thanks in advance

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone have a suggestion for a ht frame thats under 2.2 kgs . around $3-500 area second hand or new.
Mate ive got a Percentage 4x frame for sale, pretty much as new. There feather light and hand made, so very strong and super fast geo as well. They were specially made for Wade Bootes.
I had it built complete at a little under 11kg to give you an idea. (note* slightly different parts from the pics in my advertisement below)

Just weighed it.. 2.36kg with headset, seatpost (full 400mm length) and seatclamp. So going on that the frame would be around (if not just under) the 2kg mark.

Attachments

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok guys,

I cracked my UMF Hardy frame from pure power... cases.... anyway I'm in the market for a steel/cromoly 4x frame.

Any ideas? I have about 500 to spend all up accounting for seat clamp/post/headset etc.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok guys,

I cracked my UMF Hardy frame from pure power... cases.... anyway I'm in the market for a steel/cromoly 4x frame.

Any ideas? I have about 500 to spend all up accounting for seat clamp/post/headset etc.
2nd hand blk mrkt mob 4x?