The 4X thread.

parker93

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nukeproof Hubs to Spank Oozy rims (white) - Yay or Nay?

I really wanted a 10mm bolt up rear hub, but my new frame will have vertical drop outs so therefore QR is fine for now!

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just looking at the illinbah 4x national round schedule for the saturday(race day) and im a tad confused.
Saturday, 6th November
8.00am: 4X entry closes
8.30am - 10.00am: 4X Gate practice
10.00am - 11am: 4X motos
5.30pm - 6.00pm: 4X practice
6.00pm - 7.00pm: 4X Eliminations
7.00pm - 7.30pm: 4X Presentations

The thing that confuses me is the gap between motos and practice later in the day. Does this mean that we're "qualifying" and could possible get one run down the hill? Or is it simply a stuff up?
Any information would be greatly appreciated

LESLIE

Likes Bikes
Im pretty sure its just like a normal race format, just a break between the motos( 3 heats) and then the finals, so if your riden DH you can do your seeding run.:confused:

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im pretty sure its just like a normal race format, just a break between the motos( 3 heats) and then the finals, so if your riden DH you can do your seeding run.:confused:
So why do they have practice between? bit weird to me...

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems a little strange... Maybe a non 4x thread post could shed some light?
I would, but also wouldn't, be suprised if they did go to the qualifying model of racing for nationals... seeing as that's how they do the uci stuff these days.

On another note, who's heading to what national rounds?

Im hoping to do all those that are local to brissy, and also fly down to tassie.

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems a little strange... Maybe a non 4x thread post could shed some light?
I would, but also wouldn't, be suprised if they did go to the qualifying model of racing for nationals... seeing as that's how they do the uci stuff these days.

On another note, who's heading to what national rounds?

Im hoping to do all those that are local to brissy, and also fly down to tassie.
It would be the stupidest move mtba could ever make. Everyone was so happy with the organizers at Adelaide last year for national champs....NOT. There has been talk of the UCI changing there format to the "moto" style for some time now as its only the euros that actually run it out side of world cups.

I'll be at Illinbah national round, not Tassie though, bit hard to get to. I'll probably be at Adelaide champs too. Has anyone heard anything about there being a few more rounds added to the schedule ? I heard there was going to be one in Towoomba but nothing seems to have come of that yet...
Whats happening with the QLD series this year? I'm really keen to hit a few of those up.

camtb

Likes Dirt
I'm heading to every national round, its gonna be awesome, just wondering, would I be allowed to run single speed? I have both ss and gears setups but to be honest I hate gears and prefer single speed.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm heading to every national round, its gonna be awesome, just wondering, would I be allowed to run single speed? I have both ss and gears setups but to be honest I hate gears and prefer single speed.
I think I've read before to race 4X you must have two of the following three-

1)Suspension
2)Front and Rear brakes
3)Gears

DON"T hold me to that though as it was at least 5 months ago that I was reading up on the 4x rules so I might be remembering incorrectly.

Any of you guys know about the rumors for the next 4x World Cup season? Sven Martin said the following over in Ridemonkey: "I see 4X on schedule. But i wonder if there will actually be 4X. Maybe someone should let the cat out the bag....", Transcend, other forum member and another well respected World Cup photographer also said this: "I think everyone has to hold off until January to find out officially. My fingers are still crossed."

Whats up!!:confused::confused:

Is 4x getting canned at the WC level?

For the love of god I hope not, it's by far the most entertaining and enjoyable of the MTB disciplines.

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any of you guys know about the rumors for the next 4x World Cup season? Sven Martin said the following over in Ridemonkey: "I see 4X on schedule. But i wonder if there will actually be 4X. Maybe someone should let the cat out the bag....", Transcend, other forum member and another well respected World Cup photographer also said this: "I think everyone has to hold off until January to find out officially. My fingers are still crossed."

Whats up!!:confused::confused:

Is 4x getting canned at the WC level?

For the love of god I hope not, it's by far the most entertaining and enjoyable of the MTB disciplines.
2011 UCI Mountain Bike Calendar

Date Event & Venue Country
23.04 - 24.04 UCI World Cup XCO / DHI / 4X 1 - Pietermaritzburg RSA
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
21.05 - 22.05 UCI World Cup XCO 2 - Yorkshire, Dalby Forest GBR
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
28.05 - 29.05 UCI World Cup XCO 3 - Offenburg GER
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
04.06 - 05.06 UCI World Cup DHI / 4X 2 - Fort William GBR
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
11.06 - 12.06 UCI World Cup DHI / 4X 3 - Leogang AUT
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
02.07 - 03.07 UCI World Cup XCO / DHI / 4X 4 - Mont Sainte Anne CAN
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
09.07 - 10.07 UCI World Cup XCO/ DHI / 4X 5 - Windham USA
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
06.08 - 07.08 UCI World Cup DHI 6 - La Bresse FRA
CDM-DHI ME-WE
13.08 - 14.08 UCI World Cup XCO 6 - Nove Mesto Na Morave CZE
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
20.08 - 21.08 UCI World Cup XCO / DHI 7 / 4X 6 - Val di Sole ITA
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE

There is the 2011 schedule, so i think you'll find that all the talk of "no 4x" is a load of rubbish! I don't think the UCI will be taking it off the schedule for a while. I really don't think the 4x and D/S debate should be brought up again, they are totally different. It shouldn't be one or the other. Why not have both on the same weekend.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really don't think the 4x and D/S debate should be brought up again, they are totally different. It shouldn't be one or the other. Why not have both on the same weekend.
Agreed, even though I'm a bigger fan of DH than I am of 4X or D/S, they're a lot more exciting to watch.

2011 UCI Mountain Bike Calendar

Date Event & Venue Country
23.04 - 24.04 UCI World Cup XCO / DHI / 4X 1 - Pietermaritzburg RSA
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
21.05 - 22.05 UCI World Cup XCO 2 - Yorkshire, Dalby Forest GBR
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
28.05 - 29.05 UCI World Cup XCO 3 - Offenburg GER
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
04.06 - 05.06 UCI World Cup DHI / 4X 2 - Fort William GBR
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
11.06 - 12.06 UCI World Cup DHI / 4X 3 - Leogang AUT
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
02.07 - 03.07 UCI World Cup XCO / DHI / 4X 4 - Mont Sainte Anne CAN
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
09.07 - 10.07 UCI World Cup XCO/ DHI / 4X 5 - Windham USA
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE
06.08 - 07.08 UCI World Cup DHI 6 - La Bresse FRA
CDM-DHI ME-WE
13.08 - 14.08 UCI World Cup XCO 6 - Nove Mesto Na Morave CZE
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
20.08 - 21.08 UCI World Cup XCO / DHI 7 / 4X 6 - Val di Sole ITA
CDM-XCO ME-MJ-WE-WJ
CDM-DHI ME-WE
CDM-4X ME-WE

There is the 2011 schedule, so i think you'll find that all the talk of "no 4x" is a load of rubbish! I don't think the UCI will be taking it off the schedule for a while. I really don't think the 4x and D/S debate should be brought up again, they are totally different. It shouldn't be one or the other. Why not have both on the same weekend.
I know about the schedule and all, but supposedly something is going on behind the scenes regardless of what the schedule looks like now.

I'd be pretty suprised, but you never know with those things...

And you're right, no more DS vs 4x debate thing again! That *hit was solved last in the mega-thread on Ridemonkey!!

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully I'll make it to all the nationals! Fingers crossed!
i wish i could do the same parker, might treck down to NSW for the rounds there, but that would be the extent of my travels, ill be hitting up all the nats in QLD for sure though.
Whats the go with signup? on the day or pre nom?

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wish i could do the same parker, might treck down to NSW for the rounds there, but that would be the extent of my travels, ill be hitting up all the nats in QLD for sure though.
Whats the go with signup? on the day or pre nom?
There are 4x rounds in nsw...?

And good to hear your hitting nats parker :)

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know about the schedule and all, but supposedly something is going on behind the scenes regardless of what the schedule looks like now.

I'd be pretty suprised, but you never know with those things...

And you're right, no more DS vs 4x debate thing again! That *hit was solved last in the mega-thread on Ridemonkey!!
I don't think they'd be pulling the pin after listing it on the official schedule and if they do they're bloody idiots because, as demonstrated in this thread, people enjoy watching it.