The Aboriginal Land RItes

Status
Not open for further replies.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oll this ba/d speling, punktuasian and grandma is hurteng my brane. Not 2 menshin sum of the daft ideas that r postd...

plz stop it?
you my friend need to learn how to spell and structure a sentence. I have no idea what you just said

Drizz

Likes Dirt
I love to have a "sensible" discussion on this topic, but whats the chance we will be getting one? :(

Lock please!

V10

Likes Dirt
I have a question for you all. I was born in australia so was my parents, and theirs to so what does that make me? If im not Australian then what am i? Yes im sorry for what happened to the aboriganals, But i also think it is time the past is put to bed, and we all move on with making our counrty a better place for us all to live. Whether im a WHITE australian or BLACK australian. To me i think those two terms are just as racist as any other slur about colour or origin. Lets face it aboriganals will not get their land back, it aint going to happen. So lets stop bitching about it, and lets concerntrate on inproving employment opertunities, less infant deaths, crime, alcholism, drug use and basically poor atitudes towards aboriganals. If we never get rid of the us and them mentality then nothing will ever change. IMO

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I vote lock as well, was a silly thread in the first place.
(By that i mean it could have been started better)
Too true..... If it got off on the right foot then it could've been fruitful and good for research but in this case......Some people are starting to dig themselves a hole.

Lock it. Maybe try again another day.

micksta323

Likes Dirt
land rights etc

i'm going to try not to be racist, but........i think there is a difference between racism, and racial pride. some people just go about it the wrong way. but one thing i'm most curious about, austudy, and abstudy, why the diffence? that to me sounds remakably like racial discrimination to me. i being white cannot get abstudy, and an aboriginal cannot get austudy, why the 2? there are alot of benefits available to every race in aust' except white caucasions, why? if we want to intergrate all the races in aust' we need the one system for all, not the one system for everyone except whites.

mick.

lucky phil

Likes Bikes
i'm going to try not to be racist, but........i think there is a difference between racism, and racial pride. some people just go about it the wrong way. but one thing i'm most curious about, austudy, and abstudy, why the diffence? that to me sounds remakably like racial discrimination to me. i being white cannot get abstudy, and an aboriginal cannot get austudy, why the 2? there are alot of benefits available to every race in aust' except white caucasions, why? if we want to intergrate all the races in aust' we need the one system for all, not the one system for everyone except whites.

mick.
good point bro

lucky phil

Likes Bikes
have any of you tryed to walk in redfern ,one of my mates put his bike three feet away and some kids where talking about stealing the bike
dont get me wrong it could happen any where but i have not had my bike stolen from out frount of a shop in mosman
i think that some of them have no respect for the law and that is not good

Last edited:

lucky phil

Likes Bikes
I think that's a bloody open question. If you want to start a discussion on a particular topic then give us your thoughts first. Don't just throw a subject out there with no context.
/\
l
This is the second post and my opinion was asked and I gave it and my two cents. I am not a racist no matter how you guys want to interpret my posts.
This is my opinion and it is a free country (remember why your parents and grandparents went of to foreign shores to fight)

Lucky Phil, you dont realise that you have a racist attitude towards others.

Keep denying it....

To the bloke who asked what is he since both his parents were born in Australia and so was he...well, your an exotic species who has taken advantage of an exposed niche in the the environment and expoited it. But then so have I.

(Grip, did your Mrs ever tell you about the guy from farkin who she did uni with who rode bikes....:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.