The Backyard Thread (Bye Bye.)

mtb.rider.jd

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Today me and some mates are going to build a downhill track in my yard (i cant ride 'cos im injured at the moment). Well, part of it is my yard but seeing i back onto a national park i thought i would use that too. :p

I have done some rough outlines for it with the rake and shovel and i have planed out a few good spots for drops, rock garden etc. but today we are really going to get cracking and make it into a good track.

Ill have some pics up by this afternoon but in the meantime, post up pics of anything that you have built in your backyard to ride on i.e downhill tracks, jumps, NS.

Hope to see some good pics!

mtb.rider.jd

Last edited:

Pete J

loves his dog
I wouldn't be altering the National Park side too much if i were you, it's protected for a reason.

mtb.rider.jd

Likes Dirt
Don't worry mate, we are only going to make a track with a few jumps. Besides, bushwalkers have done more damage than anyone i.e cutting trees down. we are going to be as environmentaly friendly as possible;)

v1llage1d1ot

Likes Dirt
Silly Idea

It won't be too hard to work out who has made the track when they follow it back to your house! Don't build tracks in national parks, its just silly.

mtb.rider.jd

Likes Dirt
yer but absolutly NO ONE goes down there anymore there are just heaps and heaps of fallen down trees. Its just like a valley that goes nowhere. anyway, most of it is on my property so its all good:) .

now lets see some pics of people backyard creations!

randy spangler990

Likes Dirt
me and my mates made a fairly big gapper that goes from the side of the road over a flat peice of land, and down a down ramp which leads on to the road, its not in my backyard but it is like 20m away from my mates back fence.

mtb.rider.jd

Likes Dirt
Pics are up.

Well, it has been a great day off building and we managed to keep all the building on our land and the next door neighbours place (my next door nieghbour didn't mind, we asked him, he's a nice bloke).

I think we drank about 8-9L of water between the 5 five us and we managed to get most of what we wanted done.

Here are some pics:
2007_0217myjumps0001.JPG2007_0217myjumps0002.JPG
2007_0217myjumps0003.JPG2007_0217myjumps0005.JPG
2007_0217myjumps0007.JPG2007_0217myjumps0009.JPG
2007_0217myjumps0010.JPG2007_0217myjumps0013.JPG
2007_0217myjumps0014.JPG2007_0217myjumps0015.JPG
2007_0217myjumps0018.JPG

We made a few small jumps, a bit of a track with a rock garden (i dont think i have taken a photo of that yet) and a drop. The drop was designed so all of my mates that i ride with can hit it (including my little bro). You can just hit it with a little bit of speed and make it, or hit it a bit faster so you will land at the bottom but still roll out smooth.

Thanks to Nick Atkins, Brad M, Ryan (my bro), nathan and steve.

faith11

Squid
Cool,

Don't worry Jordan the area your building in isn't national park. My track is in the same area of bush and its all crown land.

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh i thought this would be about jumps in your back yard and i was going to post mine. hmm well me and my mates were in the same situation when we built our track, but it wasnt national park, it was something else but i have forgoting the name for it, a mates dad that works for a vegitation company told us this but yeah if you do mke one dont tell anyone....

EDIT: yeah it was crownd land as said before, but be carefull with what tree you might cut down...we have cut down a few we shouldnt have and didnt know they were protected

Last edited:

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think this thread is meant to get people to post up pictures of the stuff in there yard. This track is partly in his land so post up some pics of whats in your yard.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks nice man! keep up the good work!:) i wish i had land so i build my own XC track!
Good Luck with it have fun man. hope to see more pics
Declan

chris_mtb

Banned
ducks are evil they shit in my pool so i got a slingshot and shoot at them but they just stay there
their so stupid