The Beast

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks good, but wouldn't the MINIMUM drop height be like 2ft from the look of that photo.

my02

Likes Dirt
Pli

Would your public liability insurance cover you for someone stacking it, and drowning in the pond? Don't wish to be piss on your bonfire but if surely that would be an issue in getting this all set up for the public??

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Would your public liability insurance cover you for someone stacking it, and drowning in the pond? Don't wish to be piss on your bonfire but if surely that would be an issue in getting this all set up for the public??
The water at the base of the ramp dosn't 'seem' more that a few inches deep. But that's just a guess from a photo.
I am assuming that the water level won't rise much higher than this, or else they wouldn't build a permanent platform there, so, maybe if you were face down and unconscious it could be a risk?
But otherwise, if you stack into the pond face first, just roll over! Or sit up. And breathe.
Maybe?
How deep is it? I can't wait to get up there and take a razz around the place.

falconr

Squid
That looks sweet. Looks like you could hit it at all speedsand make it as big as you want. Looking forward to getting down there when it opens.

The water at the base of the ramp dosn't 'seem' more that a few inches deep. But that's just a guess from a photo.
I am assuming that the water level won't rise much higher than this, or else they wouldn't build a permanent platform there, so, maybe if you were face down and unconscious it could be a risk?
But otherwise, if you stack into the pond face first, just roll over! Or sit up. And breathe.
Maybe?
How deep is it? I can't wait to get up there and take a razz around the place.
The Dam in the photo is at its highest, after a week of rain , and its about ankle deep where we built it ..
As for insurance .. aside from public liability you will be signing a waiver and go through an induction at the park to make you aware of the risks..

How funny that someone woould be worried about stacking in the pond , you can break your neck on council jumps...

Hex515

Likes Dirt
Dude, this looks awesome! I have enjoyed watching your progress with this area.

Thanks for all your hard work and willingness to create some good, legal and accessible freeride track. :)

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Maybe they should remove the trees as well? Just in case someone nails themselves into one. Oh and while you're at it maybe flatten the hill a bit so you don't get up too much speed.

That should keep the nanny state'ists happy.:p

cluster

Likes Dirt
...at least the landing would be softish
hmmmmm... yeah, that's what i thought when i tried to flip a 16"er into the river - not so! underflipped it and landed on my back (twice) and my back was tomato red :(
Water can be mean when it wants to