The BMX Race thread.

Crimson

Likes Dirt
Is it true joris snapped his carbon? I notice most of the big names on gt have built up the 2014 ally frames
Yes.

Or at least he had a significant enough mechanical failure at the last SX round to require him to scavenge a replacement frame (I believe it was a redline) during practice. He was on an alloy GT come TT/Superfinal (and racing) time though.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
raced round 1 of a Retro mini-series yesterday at Gawler. the season has officially started for me...and i've just found out that not only am i hypothyroid but B12 deficient as well :yield:explains why i've been struggling to ride tho.

:eek:hwell: ah well. hopefully the supplements will have begun to kick in by the start of the State Series on August 25 - this year i've dropped the second class and am only racing Retro there too.

stay tuned for the latest Suparoo survivor race beast that my OH has insisted on building for me :becky:

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now that im nearly 100% from my busted pelvis last year im keen to have a crack at BMX racing. Any Victorian members on here?

redbruce

Eats Squid
Now that im nearly 100% from my busted pelvis last year im keen to have a crack at BMX racing. Any Victorian members on here?
Yep, from Park Orchards (www.popbmx.com.au).

1st and 3rd Saturdays in the month, friendly club culture.

Registration and practice from 1PM. Gate drops for racing at 2PM.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited:

Crimson

Likes Dirt
Today's the day for my first actual race after breaking my collar bone back in late April.

I reckon I could have started back sooner, but the doctor and physio said 3 months post surgery, so here we are.

Unfortunately, it will also be my last race for 2 more months as I'm scheduled to get the plate removed in 2 weeks and that "requires" another 6 weeks of no "contact" sports.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Today's the day for my first actual race after breaking my collar bone back in late April.

I reckon I could have started back sooner, but the doctor and physio said 3 months post surgery, so here we are.

Unfortunately, it will also be my last race for 2 more months as I'm scheduled to get the plate removed in 2 weeks and that "requires" another 6 weeks of no "contact" sports.
Good luck mate

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys i know this isn't usually the go but the BMXR community on farkin pretty much is in this thread so thought i would save us all some time.
Toying with the idea of selling my GHP
_MG_2251.jpg
GHP Pro XXL Complete (custom build)
Spec is as pictured except having McNeil Forks (Elevn fork was bent out of the box) Can provide current image (exact same bike minus forks and chain)
Other highlights are Profile Elite wheelset with Black spokes and brass nipples all laced to Alienation Rims, SLX Cranks, DXR Brakeset, Fly Montanna Bars, S&M Top Load Stem, Thomson Seat Post, SDG Fly Seat (slightly bent), Salsa seat clamp, Sinz 43t and Rennen 44t (brand new) chain rings, Profile ELite 16t Driver, Tioga Powerblock Tyres, ODI Ruffian Grips.
Bike is in fantastic condition, no money to be spent.
Looking for $800, Firm on price.

Those of you who know me on here can vouch for how well I maintain my stuff... I like it to look pretty at all times hahaha.
Willing to post etc etc

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys i know this isn't usually the go but the BMXR community on farkin pretty much is in this thread so thought i would save us all some time.
Toying with the idea of selling my GHP
View attachment 270973
GHP Pro XXL Complete (custom build)
Spec is as pictured except having McNeil Forks (Elevn fork was bent out of the box) Can provide current image (exact same bike minus forks and chain)
Other highlights are Profile Elite wheelset with Black spokes and brass nipples all laced to Alienation Rims, SLX Cranks, DXR Brakeset, Fly Montanna Bars, S&M Top Load Stem, Thomson Seat Post, SDG Fly Seat (slightly bent), Salsa seat clamp, Sinz 43t and Rennen 44t (brand new) chain rings, Profile ELite 16t Driver, Tioga Powerblock Tyres, ODI Ruffian Grips.
Bike is in fantastic condition, no money to be spent.
Looking for $800, Firm on price.

Those of you who know me on here can vouch for how well I maintain my stuff... I like it to look pretty at all times hahaha.
Willing to post etc etc
Parted it out, all sold

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Noooo! That frame was better than the current model! Says she who races a rawed 2010 XL 20" and a 2013 cruiser.

shame I missed that, I'm after a new wheelset for the 20.

Last edited:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No new 20". Going to step back from BMX racing, just keeping my cruiser for weekend fun. Busted my wrist 1 month after coming back after the shoulder injury... over it.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Chasing some jr Cruiser wheels for my sons new frame if anyone has any they wanna sell.
Steve Ladd had a very nice set of juniors (i think?) at Mildura on sunday. can't remember if they were Junior cruiser or 20". skinny's tho. you could probably contact him thru the Mildura club. i just wanted the rear hub!

No new 20". Going to step back from BMX racing, just keeping my cruiser for weekend fun. Busted my wrist 1 month after coming back after the shoulder injury... over it.
.....the orange was my preferred colour too until i was offered a factory raw at the right price at the States Mt Gambier meet. XL is a little long for me tho at 5'2".

hear you on that. it's taken me nearly two years and a very stressful bmx season riding two and sometimes three classes in multiple State and club series to realise that doing so much with a minor brain injury wasn't smart....

this State Series i may make a guest appearance in the Open Wheel women's if they need the numbers but i'm concentrating on Retro with the blokes on the latest BennyMac built Suparoo.

Last edited:

Jake K

Likes Dirt
Well I finally got the OK from the physio to ride again around a month ago now. Last night was my third training session back, and I'm definitely starting to feel a lot better on the bike. I'm still scared shitless, but I've managed to hit a few decent sized jumps and doing some good manuals and double manuals through our rhythm section. I'm still a fair way off having the confidence to race, but at least I'm starting to head in the right direction now.

And now I can say my new bike has done more than 3 laps :peace: