The BMX Race thread.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for the credit Hayden :p who taught half the PR MTBers how to gate??
I do coach at my club, but admittedly admin isn't my strongest suit. Between all the thread guys here though I think we cover pretty much everything!

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know that gt personally, and its in great condition. Been ridden only a handful of times before the guy went over to the uk for a while. While i don't personally like how they look with all the gold, they are a great feeling bike that wont let you down.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was wary of intense completes cos Sinz went through a phase where everything had the tendancy to break... that said, there's Sinz on your GT too... provided they're not carbon you should be sweet. Decided against the prodeal option?

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for the credit Hayden :p who taught half the PR MTBers how to gate??
I do coach at my club, but admittedly admin isn't my strongest suit. Between all the thread guys here though I think we cover pretty much everything!
We all taught ourselves basically...

Get the GT bro, I've been told those Intense's (by someone who used to have one) aren't too good

taitt

Likes Dirt
Got the GT. Now keen to get down and start a bit of training/racing. What night will training be next week at PR? Keen to come down and find out about membership/etc.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got the GT. Now keen to get down and start a bit of training/racing. What night will training be next week at PR? Keen to come down and find out about membership/etc.
Next wednesday night is training from 7:30... I'll most likely be there

RB 24

Likes Dirt
We all taught ourselves basically...

Get the GT bro, I've been told those Intense's (by someone who used to have one) aren't too good
mmm the Intense. I was lucky enough to be given a frame to ride by the TM and it took ages to get it feeling 'right'. It was a cruiser frame and I had to set it up like a 20". Once dialled in it was a great frame although I didnt cry when I had to hand it back..

by far the best I have had is my Revell.

my thoughts.
RB

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Next wednesday night is training from 7:30... I'll most likely be there
Do you know if there doing any gates? Gotta get my gearing sorted again with the new wheels ;)
Either that or we will have to head down there at some point and have some testing.

Also, bike update....
This

Plus This

Equals

Last edited:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you know if there doing any gates? Gotta get my gearing sorted again with the new wheels ;)
Either that or we will have to head down there at some point and have some testing.

Also, bike update....
This

Plus This

Equals

Dunno brotown, last time I went to 20" training it was cold and only like 10 guys turned up, so well all smashed gates for like 30 then went home... was good.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hows the bike going Taitt?

There is a bunch of open days coming up (Caboolture on the 8th, Pine Rivers on the 22nd then Hinterland Beeno and Ashmore in November) anyone else going? I should be racing age (17-24 men) at all of them

Frayed

Likes Bikes
Ashmore

Hi, any one know what nights training is on at Ashmore track? I've just moved up to the Gold Coast and keen to start riding again.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
this has probably been debated over and over but ffs, i have to rant. is this sport run by complete retards? is the BMXA panel staffed by riders or brain-dead fools?? who decides that this peaky unrideable crap is acceptable??

compare youtube vids of Liverpool (who hosted states this weekend) to South Eastern (who hosted a retro race today)

smooth pump track as opposed to peaky shite that only the young guns can jump. tell me where do you think the demographic of this sport lies? where is the money supporting our sport coming from? i'll tell you. sprockets/under 12's and their 30+ 24" cruiser riding parents. and incidentally, 40+ riders re-living their childhood on vintage bmx bikes in retro racing. BMXA, get real and make sure tracks cater to us, the riders, not the 10% of young guns who can trick out, no matter how good these young kids are, WE sustain the sport. we man the shovels, the canteens, the microphones, the gates, the marshall flags, and drive our kids all over the state to compete. why? because we love the sport. now, are you gonna support us?

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this has probably been debated over and over but ffs, i have to rant. is this sport run by complete retards? is the BMXA panel staffed by riders or brain-dead fools?? who decides that this peaky unrideable crap is acceptable??

compare youtube vids of Liverpool (who hosted states this weekend) to South Eastern (who hosted a retro race today)

smooth pump track as opposed to peaky shite that only the young guns can jump. tell me where do you think the demographic of this sport lies? where is the money supporting our sport coming from? i'll tell you. sprockets/under 12's and their 30+ 24" cruiser riding parents. and incidentally, 40+ riders re-living their childhood on vintage bmx bikes in retro racing. BMXA, get real and make sure tracks cater to us, the riders, not the 10% of young guns who can trick out, no matter how good these young kids are, WE sustain the sport. we man the shovels, the canteens, the microphones, the gates, the marshall flags, and drive our kids all over the state to compete. why? because we love the sport. now, are you gonna support us?
Could you post a video from south eastern up if possible, would probably help others who dont know the track understand your point....

taitt

Likes Dirt
Hows the bike going Taitt?

There is a bunch of open days coming up (Caboolture on the 8th, Pine Rivers on the 22nd then Hinterland Beeno and Ashmore in November) anyone else going? I should be racing age (17-24 men) at all of them
Rode it a few times, wasn't a fan. You were right, needed an XXL. I sold it to a Pine Rivers BMX club member the other day actually, friendliest people ever. I'll probably come down on the 26 incher and have a ride. Might end up on an XXL soon enough, but money at the moment is going towards an M9.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it a few times, wasn't a fan. You were right, needed an XXL. I sold it to a Pine Rivers BMX club member the other day actually, friendliest people ever. I'll probably come down on the 26 incher and have a ride. Might end up on an XXL soon enough, but money at the moment is going towards an M9.
I'll do it ;) told you so.... haha yeah PR are a great team :)

BMXA don't police any of this... it's actually up to the clubbies and whoever they've hired to design or build the track. I'd definitely direct any complaints to the club itself because BMXA/BMXNSW won't do anything unless it's endangering people at a state/national level (in which case, they're gunna argue that competitors at that level should be able to ride etc...) I'm not saying it's right but it's something we've all had to deal with at some stage. Especially with the sport exploding in the elite scene since 2008, you could safely assume it's not going to change...

Here's the question for debate really.. should the tracks be designed for our national level pro riders, or the sprockets/mid ability riders who are entering racing? (good old push/pull debate)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Here's the question for debate really.. should the tracks be designed for our national level pro riders, or the sprockets/mid ability riders who are entering racing? (good old push/pull debate)
this is my point. it's the sprockets and the mid-level riders - usually parents of said sprockets - who put a great deal of the money into the sport.