The BMX Race thread.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
40-44 class for cruiser & 20" ... i dont know what the SA riders are like but i hear esky is on the ghp team and back with some heat ... alexander from vic a leader ... comport from vic has a lightning snap & 10m time out of the gate ..Check out entries on ezeventing.com.au ...Has cross keys got a big start hill ? are the jumps fast and flowy or sharp kickers ? whats the track surface ? loose or hard packed ? that stp will be hard work out of the gate !
Esky is pretty quick and right on form, and there's some frighteningly fast riders in the 30-44 age bracket for men. be prepared for some hurly-burly on the berms! you'll be on the gate with my other half, too.Cross Keys is about a 5m start hill and some tricky step-ups going into the second corner. most of the track wants to throw you up in the air...they've done a lot of work lately and the surface is pretty good, well especially compared to what i was riding at home in NSW.i'm the oldest in the women's at the moment and the only novice, so i'll be getting a good view of everyone's rear wheels :single_eye: riding both cruiser and Retro at States, that'll be interesting.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Although I know its not allowed... nobody looks in the for sale for bikes. SO... anyone interested in buying my Redline flight pro XXL, great condition.. can get pics etc on request and willing to post. Looking for around 500, but I am negotiable. The bike has upgraded forks, breakes, seat / post and a custom powdercoat job. Looks awesome

Norco Maniac

Is back!
had a gentle roll around Mt Gambier at a clubby yesterday. took a half-dozen rolls off the top and a fair few gates to stop being scared of plunging 6 (?) 8 (?) metres down their start hill straight into a fair set of doubles. the third straight is a little tricky too, small but deep, and the track is apparently the longest that the rules allow. all i know is that you need a Sherpa to get to the staging, the surface is rather unforgiving when you come down on it and the last straight is a killer once your jelly legs happen :tape:

was great to get on this track tho, and tackle the hill everyone's been talking up :D

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Although I know its not allowed... nobody looks in the for sale for bikes. SO... anyone interested in buying my Redline flight pro XXL, great condition.. can get pics etc on request and willing to post. Looking for around 500, but I am negotiable. The bike has upgraded forks, breakes, seat / post and a custom powdercoat job. Looks awesome
Possibly one of my clubbies... wanna do up a sweet pic with details to email

RB 24

Likes Dirt
had a gentle roll around Mt Gambier at a clubby yesterday. took a half-dozen rolls off the top and a fair few gates to stop being scared of plunging 6 (?) 8 (?) metres down their start hill straight into a fair set of doubles. the third straight is a little tricky too, small but deep, and the track is apparently the longest that the rules allow. all i know is that you need a Sherpa to get to the staging, the surface is rather unforgiving when you come down on it and the last straight is a killer once your jelly legs happen :tape:

was great to get on this track tho, and tackle the hill everyone's been talking up :D
wait till you see this track when it rains! It seriously is the most amazing surface I have ever seen. The track sucks in the rain and is rideable even after 30 minutes of a downpour. Freakish place.

The start hill is a ripper. I agree you need a ski poma to get you to the top but the ride down is a ripper. My young fella loves hitting those doubles at mach3 and all you ned is just suck them up and pray lol.

Hit the third straight a little off kilter and your toast! stay loose and roll!

if your there still say gday to a top bloke called Nick White..

best wishes :)

RB

ghostghp

Squid
Does anyone know of any recent track footage of cross keys track.I found some video on youtube but was put up about 8 months ago or is this what the track still looks like. The young bloke can't wait to see the track:single_eye:

ghostghp

Squid
Thanks . That would explain why people are saying start ramp to double all the video I got was start ramp to roller then table top.Not a 5m start ramp but will still be fun to ride :single_eye::single_eye:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Thanks . That would explain why people are saying start ramp to double all the video I got was start ramp to roller then table top.Not a 5m start ramp but will still be fun to ride :single_eye::single_eye:
they've changed things again, it was Retro round at Cross Keys last night. the step-up triple in the first straight has a nasty lip on it and slows you right down. heard a fair few riders grumbling on the gate about it.

Crimson

Likes Dirt
First clubby of the new year done and dusted, feels good even though I've alrady done Track Attack so far this year.

Raymo621

Likes Bikes
Unwanted and mistimed injuries

Just into the final run to our state titles on feb 18/19 and then 4x nationals at Eagle Park. Big numbers and fast riders entered for states in my age with a few interstaters coming over. Really stoked for 4x as i won my class last year and i'm super keen to see if i can back it up again this time. They even had practice gates running on the 4x last weekend which were going real nice...........until i aggravated a disc in my lower back!!
First few days of this week i could hardly walk, getting better now but no bike riding until at least mid next week (or weekend as told by physio). So only this far out from some pretty major meets i'm sidelined for 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, leaving me a grand total of 1 - 1 1/2 weeks to prep for states! I was really putting in a big effort, i'm running an mtb in cruisers at bmx and was going to show its not just a token effort. No real chance of winning with who is coming over but i was going to be in amonst it all pushing hard....but now just feel like with this sort of leadup it will be like "check out the guy on the mtb, good on him for giving it a go..."
What do other people do in this situation? I know we do this for fun and nothing else, but i suppose being competitive do others find it hard when coming back from injury and not being as far up the field as what they should? Is it just in my head and i need to lighten up? I feel like i'll need to keep explaing that i've had issues and i should be a bit better than i will be.
Rant over, guess i just needed to get some of that off my chest, keen to know what you all think though. Might actually post this in the general section as well but would love to know what bmx racers think on this.

Raymo.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Just into the final run to our state titles on feb 18/19 and then 4x nationals at Eagle Park. Big numbers and fast riders entered for states in my age with a few interstaters coming over. Really stoked for 4x as i won my class last year and i'm super keen to see if i can back it up again this time. They even had practice gates running on the 4x last weekend which were going real nice...........until i aggravated a disc in my lower back!!
First few days of this week i could hardly walk, getting better now but no bike riding until at least mid next week (or weekend as told by physio). So only this far out from some pretty major meets i'm sidelined for 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, leaving me a grand total of 1 - 1 1/2 weeks to prep for states! I was really putting in a big effort, i'm running an mtb in cruisers at bmx and was going to show its not just a token effort. No real chance of winning with who is coming over but i was going to be in amonst it all pushing hard....but now just feel like with this sort of leadup it will be like "check out the guy on the mtb, good on him for giving it a go..."
What do other people do in this situation? I know we do this for fun and nothing else, but i suppose being competitive do others find it hard when coming back from injury and not being as far up the field as what they should? Is it just in my head and i need to lighten up? I feel like i'll need to keep explaing that i've had issues and i should be a bit better than i will be.
Rant over, guess i just needed to get some of that off my chest, keen to know what you all think though. Might actually post this in the general section as well but would love to know what bmx racers think on this.

Raymo.
hey mate,

I came back to racing quite a few years ago after having a new Ti collar bone put in. My mindset was pretty wrecked when coming back. However I just took my time and relaxed as much as I could and didnt put any expectations on my performance (should have told the mrs years ago).

Are feeling like you need to explain your injury to people that matter or do the people that matter already know? Dont confuse that.

Take your time. Relax and enjoy racing just for a few giggles. That is what it is about and we forget this sometimes.

good luck

RB

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate,

snip

Relax and enjoy racing just for a few giggles. That is what it is about and we forget this sometimes.

snip

RB
The 2 or so month break from racing due to club closing down over summer has really nailed into my head how much i love racing bmx on a friday night... only been doing it for a year, but i can see myself sticking with it for a long time to come

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 2 or so month break from racing due to club closing down over summer has really nailed into my head how much i love racing bmx on a friday night... only been doing it for a year, but i can see myself sticking with it for a long time to come
Funny how quick it gets you hooked hey. After five years I still keep in touch with the scene, I've been involved for 11years now... I miss it everyday!! Possible relocation this year could see me back in *fingers crossed*

RB 24

Likes Dirt
you snipped me you cheeky bugger!!!

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Raymo, where were you last night? hope you're ok?

i'm very happy to say that Cross Keys track is looking fantastic. the track is smooth and very well prepared.....i took the "new" Formula out last night and actually felt some confidence for the first time since i've been racing here. i've been talked into racing pre-states on Sunday, so hopefully i'll get another good feel for it because that's it for Cross Keys until the next weekend, no training or racing in the week before States. i've been told i'm the oldest on the women's gate as usual, they've lumped us all into one class, and i'm so far the only woman riding the Retro class.

hopefully racing Happy Valley Friday night too, it'll be good to see how the Formula goes on another track.