The BMX Race thread.

Crimson

Likes Dirt
I find that longs are the way to go with pro sized cranks - it is surprising just how thick the spider arms on a lot of them.

cowma

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the info. New drive train and wheel set ordered, just have to wait for them to arrive and put them on.
Then crash :doh:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I did. In the final at States, avoiding another rider who put it down be ause she was riding well out of her ability. Two broken metacarpals, two small liver tears, adrenal threading and mild concussion.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Don't judge if you weren't there. She only got in front by riding dirty and taking a stupid risk that brought us both down. She tried to take me out at the pre meet too.

converge11

Likes Dirt
Sorry. I just get the shits when people blame others for crashes. Crashes are going to happen to everyone. I've been blatantly pushed off my bike before and it sucks,I know, but at the end of the day you take the risks to get ahead in the race or you may as well not line up on the gate. That's just the way I feel about it.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry. I just get the shits when people blame others for crashes. Crashes are going to happen to everyone. I've been blatantly pushed off my bike before and it sucks,I know, but at the end of the day you take the risks to get ahead in the race or you may as well not line up on the gate. That's just the way I feel about it.
Was that by that bald dude who i saw going off at you at the bundaberg open day. some people need to calm down

converge11

Likes Dirt
Nah hes never knocked me off, but he's abused me a million times for being dirty and trying to take him out.. I think some people need to remember that it's a contact racing sport. If someone pushs you up a berm or dive bombs your line, I would hardly call it dirty. Sometimes we just loose traction and it all falls to peices hahaha

Norco Maniac

Is back!
There are certain rules that govern the sport, contact is one thing, deliberate interference to another rider ie: t- boning is an illegal move.

cowma

Likes Bikes
Anyone have any experience with either the Giro Cipher or Bell Transfer 9? I am looking to replace my Giro Remedy and these two have caught my eye. The Bell is both BMX and Downhill certified (chinbar testing)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Nationals pre-meet tomorrow as the only woman on the inaugural Retro gate after breaking two bones in my hand, temporary pins, lacerated liver, lacerated adrenal and severely bruised diaphragm not to mention Staph after a rider 15 years younger than me decided to bring us both down at States 9 weeks ago.

Can't see me making semis but happy to be there.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Thank you :) staying upright on Shep track on a retro bike wasn't easy. Benny has to back it up tomorrow on 40+ 20" :) hopefully another 1A for him, he's definitely in the running.