The Brackenbury Mountain Bike Challange - 20th October Creswick Vic.

We are proud to announce that the Creswick and District Community Bank and Parks Victoria are supporting The Brackenbury Mountain Bike Challenge.

This is to be a unique event with the renown trailbuilders DirtArt overseeing approximately $15000 worth of trail upgrades to the course.

Race starts right in the centre of Creswick, with hot showers, coffee, patisserie, chocolate shop all close by.
Bring all your family, bring your mates, and forget about your heart-rate monitor, just get out and enjoy the upgraded trails.

The Creswick and District Community Bank Brackenbury Mountain Bike Challenge.

10am, Saturday 20th of October in Creswick.

26km or 52km options (on the 13km loop)

Costs $25 (26km) and $40 (52km), for MTBA members, (add $20 day license for non members)

Also on in Creswick that day will be a Eureka Vets road Crit, The Great Southern Penny Farthing Championship
and a host of other activities, including the Brackenbury dinner to be held at Tumblers Green. The guest speaker at the dinner
will be Australian track cycling legend Shane Kelly so be sure to book your places as numbers are strictly limited.

Support your local club, and local trails and get this in the diary and start lining up your mates for the big day.

Like the Facebook page "brackenbury". Enter at the website www.thebrackenbury.com.au and get involved.

The BSCC mtb committee.

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Is it true the course has been changed to use the sweet single track 4x and not twice?

Is this the same place as the BSCC inter winter?

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
Is it true the course has been changed to use the sweet single track 4x and not twice?

Is this the same place as the BSCC inter winter?
Good questions drfuentes, I'm glad you asked.
For those of you competed in this event last year it has been shortened a bit to cut out some wet sections, and also to allow more time spent riding on the fun singletrack.
Garmin profile can be found here.
So you can either do 4 laps of the 13km circuit or 2.
No its not the same place as the Winter Intercourse, this starts from in the town of Creswick and has more varied terrain.

For those of you who were hoping to do the Surfcoast 24hr this could be good alternative to have a weekend away riding and racing somewhere different.

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Mr Vitesse
Is it true that the race starts right in the middle of town with a chocolate shop, patisserie, pub, and 5 cafes?
Is it true that there are clubrooms with hot showers after the event?

redspecialized

Likes Bikes
Yeh, I raced the course last year and I'll be there this year. The single track from Cosgroves dam back to Creswick is possibly the best singletrack in Central Victoria.

GET ON IT!

Parking for the Brackenbury Challenge

Since I have never been to Creswick, where should I park on the day?
Hi Fletchdog,

Brackenbury Challenge riders will be meeting at Hammond Park in Creswick. This is on the corner of Moore and Water Streets.

Just turn right onto Water Street from the main street, when travelling north, to find it.

There is an old football ground at the Hammond Park and parking is available around it.

See you there,

Simonsays.

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
I hope everybody got out for a ride yesterday in the perfect weather we had. (At least it was in Creswick!) A few of us went out to ride the course and I must say its looking rather good. The new DirtArt section has come along nicely :)

2012-10-14-267.jpg2012-10-14-270.jpg2012-10-14-265.jpg

We were lucky enough to have 3 of The Wiggles out on course!

Its a bit of a classic MTB course, the first half is climbing and the second half all descending using the Great Dividing Trail. The faster you go the more technical it becomes, but certainly a course that will be fun for all abilities.

Online entries close this Wednesday although on the day entries will be available but you won't get your personalised race plate.
Enter here.

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Just recieved today our new printed "Creswick walking- cycling trails" maps
Will be available at the race

FREE

yes that is right FREE

Get one to go with your Goldfields track guide which are free for a $30 donation :)

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
With the dry weather all week and 20deg forecast for tomorrow, the Brackenbury course is going to be great to ride tomorrow. If you didn't manage to get your online entries in make sure sure you come down early to sign up. On the day entries $10 extra plus day license if you don't have MTBA membership. Racing kicks off at 9am, see you there!

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
course set, all dry, all fast, all good

More good news

go to the Patisserie tomorrow in town 100m from the start and get a croissant and coffee for $5
The patisserie is new and award winning and the cook is one of us. He rides when he is not baking and tomorrow they are open from 0730

After the race go to the Lemon tree cafe where Noel one of our main supporters is putting on a cyclist size lunch of risotto or pasta and a soft drink/coffee for $15

support the community that supports your trails

fletchog

Likes Dirt
Thanks to BSCC and the local community in Creswick for a really fun race today, well organised, fun course which everyone seemed to enjoy. had a great old school feel to it. took me back to the mid to late 80's Fat Tyre flyer races.

Is in the diary for next year.

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
The Brackenbury MTB challenge proved to be an awesome fun day out in Creswick. We had a great turn out of riders from a variety of disciplines but all had a blast on the course. Thanks for all the volunteer help that went in to making this event possible and thank you to all the riders from BSCC and elsewhere who came out to support it.
We'll post a link to resuts as soon as they are ready.
In the meantime some photos are posted here.