VIC The Brackenbury Mountain Bike Challenge November 2nd 2014

Russity

Likes Bikes
Marked the course out this afternoon and the rain here in Creswick has only helped to settle a bit of the powder dust that was gathering in areas. The surface is in great condition and has that nice tacky traction feel to it. we are are good shape for a great event tomorrow I reckon, so come prepared to have a fun day out on the trails.

Russity

Likes Bikes
Let me be the first to say a huge thanks to all the riders who turned up today to ride the Brackenbury MTB Challenge. We were stoked to watch all 74 of you guys ride across the oval and out onto the Creswick trails.
Today was our biggest participation number by far and we hope you all had a great time. I know there were a couple of sections out there were a bit 'rocky' or a bit 'steep', but we wanted it to be a challenge, so to everyone who got around, or at least had a go at getting around, well done and thank you. Be proud that you came and rode the Brackenbury course.

Also of course a huge thanks to all the volunteers, marshalls and sponsors, without whom the event wouldn't run. And that's not a cliche' it's the truth. So thanks to you all.

We at VOGA Cycle Club want to make sure this event continues and goes from strength to strength and part of ensuring that is to take note of any feedback from you, the riders who particpate. So if you have a gripe, let us know. If you had the best time ever, let us know that too.

A special thanks to everyone who came from far and wide to have a ride. If you enjoyed it, spread the word and we hope to see you all next year.

Full results should be up in a day or two, so keep an eye out here, or on the Brackenbury Facebook page.

Pictures should also be up soon.

Thanks guys.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
thankyou VOGA for organising the event, it was really good. The coffee from Le Peche Gormande was worth the drive alone and the ride was very enjoyable. The hills going up were all fairly tolerable (read not too long) and the singletrack was great. I'm glad it hadn't rained much or that last section with the garden ornaments would have been tricky given it consisted of some steep downhill bits and lots of off-camber, root infested corners. I found riding along the water channel walls was a good test of concentration, there were plenty of narrow bits and lots of trees to avoid with the penalty for a touch being a hair raising drop down into the bush :)

How'd everyone else find it? I'm glad I was on a dual springy 'cos even the single track (especially the track near the lake) was bumpy as. I'll be back next year.